Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

w_michael
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: Italian Wars Campaign Gameplay

Post by w_michael »

TheGrayMouser wrote:
w_michael wrote:
TheGrayMouser wrote:You confirmed it died from the famine several posts back(it didn’t move out of como sacrificing itself to support Venice)
No, I confirmed that the French Garrison would die and the Genoa Army if forced to retreat. The famine in Como was lifted by Venecian ducats.
Ahh you had quoted me and said "correct"... i didnt see you also added the small coded quote from awsome. I though that was sort of odd but even LFDLM thoughI his army was starved :)
That must have been my mistake then. I thought that I was quoting the person who highlighted the expense order, which was the reason the famine was relieved and the army saved. I reviewed my post and I quoted both you and France. Sorry, I should have been clearer in my response.
William Michael, Pike & Shot Campaigns and Field of Glory II series enthusiast
Chromey
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Chromey »

What do rebellions do?
w_michael

Post by w_michael »

Chromey wrote:What do rebellions do?
A province and ungarrisoned city containing a Famine or Rebellion symbol does not produce any income. A fortified city with a Garrison unit in a province containing a Famine or Rebellion symbol will still produce income for the controlling player, although the province produces no income.
If the province contains a fortified city, the Rebellion may be placed in the city. Otherwise it is placed in the province and kept there, even if the Garrison unit later leaves the city or is eliminated. Rebellion symbols remain where placed until the rebellion is pacified, put down, or liberated. Rebellions have no effect on movement. Income cannot be collected in a rebelling province and/or city, although a garrisoned city in a rebelling province could still produce income. Plague does not affect Rebellion symbols.
A rebellion may be “pacified” by using expenditure order “B”. A rebellion may be “put down” in a province if a military unit of the major power that formerly controlling the province enters or is in the province and remains there with Hold orders for a turn. To “put down” a rebellion symbol in a fortified city, the city must be besieged in the normal manner. To “liberate” a rebellion, a military unit of any major power other than the former owner of the province must advance into the rebelling province. When this is done the Rebellion symbol is removed from the map. Any player other than the one to which a rebellion is directed against may use a rebellion symbol for Support of an advance into the rebelling province. This support is automatic and need not be written down, but if two or more players claim support from one Rebellion symbol then none may use it. No rebellion symbol may be placed in Venice if there is a military unit present, either in the city or in the province.
w_michael

Post by w_michael »

Still waiting for orders from: Austria and Florence

If you need more time just let me know.
Pixel
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Pixel »

I’ll have orders for you soon. Hopefully a bit before but perhaps slightly after 12:00 am EDT. I won’t make you wait too long for them though. I wonder what the Emperor is up to??

UPDATE: Florence orders sent via PM
Image Image
w_michael

Post by w_michael »

Abdication
France has sent a PM to me saying that he is abdicating, and wants to leave the game. Does anyone know someone who has been waiting in the wings and would like to take over the position?
Sienna, you will not own any cities in your home territory at the end of this turn and will thus be eliminated from the game. Do you want to take over France? You have the first right of refusal.

Spring 1500 Expense Orders
Venice
Borrow 7d from Money Lender (1 year term)
H Milan Army in Milan 12d
Papacy
Gift 1d to our new friends in MILAN
Milan
Army 1 Milan counter-bribe 15 ducats

Spring 1500 Movement Orders
Florence
A4 Advance Arezzo
A1 Support Arezzo
A2 Support Arezzo
A3 Support Pisa (in favor of Sienna A1)
A5 Advance Patrimony
Venice
Army1 A Cremona
Army2 A Milan
Army3 H Ferrara
Army4 A Brescia
Army5 A Trent
Fleet1 A Dalmatia
Fleet2 H Upper Adriatic
Genoa
Army 3 supports Naples in advancing to Sienna
Fleet 1 supports Army in pisa
Sienna
Move A1 to Pisa to expel French underlings.
Papacy
Army 1 - Move from Modena to Genoa, besiege
Fleet - Move from Otranto to Gulf of Naples
Milan
Army 1 Milan advance to Cremona
Garrison1 Milan Convert to Army
Turks
advance fleet 1 to Ancona.
Advance fleet 3 to the lower Adriatic
Fleet 4 supports Naples fleet 4 to Otranto
Army 1 supports Naples army 1 to Urbino
Naples
Army 1 advance to Urbino
Army 3 advance to Sienna
Fleet 1 advance to the Gulf of Naples
Fleet 2 supports Army 3 into Sienna
Fleet 4 advances to Otranto
Last edited by w_michael on Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
w_michael

Post by w_michael »

Here is the Summer 1500 Movement & Combat map:
Summer 1500 Movement & Combats
Summer 1500 Movement & Combats
P&S_Machiavelli_1500SummerMoves.jpg (1.37 MiB) Viewed 3264 times
Summer 1500 Orders Notes
- Venice tried to bribe Milan Army 1 with 12d, but Milan counter-bribed with 15d
- Milan Army 1 moved from Milan to Cremona and the Garrison in Milan converted to Milan Army 2. The newly converted army will not have the Defend scenario option in the battle because it did not start the turn as an army in Milan
- Naples Army 1 tried to move from Arezzo to Urbino with support from Turk Army 1 in Spoletto. This failed because Florence Army 4 has support to move from Urbino to Arezzo from two armies (1 and 2)
- We have our first naval battle in the Gulf of Naples, which I will resolve by die roll after all of the land battles are resolved. This is one of those awkward rertreats if Papacy Fleet 1 loses the battle. It can't go back to Otranto since it is now occupied. It can't go to the Ionian Sea because it is occupied. The only reasonable retreat is to Salerno as it is adjacent to the fleet's starting province.

Summer 1500 Battle Resolution Phase
The 3rd Battle of Milan
Milan sets up an Open Battle. Milan has 1,200 FP and Venice has 1,200 FP. Retreat paths: Venice to Bergamo, Milan to Garrison Milan.

The Battle of Cremona
Die roll for the defender (evens Milan): 4. Milan sets up an Open Battle. Milan has 1,200 FP and Venice has 1,200 FP. Retreat paths: Venice to Mantua, Milan to Piancenza

The 2nd Battle of Pisa
Genoa sets up either an Open Battle or Defend scenario. Genoa has 1,200 FP and Sienna has 1,200 FP (both sides have support, which cancels each other out). Retreat paths: Sienna to Lucca, Genoa to Garrison Pisa.

The Battle of Arezzo
Naples sets up either an Open Battle or Defend scenario. Naples has 1,200 FP and Florence has 1,600 FP (Support from two Armies). Retreat paths: Florence to Urbino, Naples to Garrison Arezzo.

The Battle of Patrimony
Naples sets up either an Open Battle or Defend scenario. Naples has 1,200 FP and Florence has 1,200 FP. Retreat paths: Florence to Rome, Naples to Tivoli.

The Battle of the Gulf of Naples
High die roll wins. Retreat paths: Naples to Eastern Tyrrhenian Sea, Papacy to Salerno

Battle results are due in 15 days, at the end of Saturday April 21st.
Last edited by w_michael on Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
awesum4
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by awesum4 »

William,
I believe at the end of the summer campaign that Chromey is eliminated from the game as he no longer controls any of his home cities. Rather than bring in a new player you should offer him France. He started in a very tough position this gives him some fun as a potential superpower.
w_michael

Post by w_michael »

awesum4 wrote:William,
I believe at the end of the summer campaign that Chromey is eliminated from the game as he no longer controls any of his home cities. Rather than bring in a new player you should offer him France. He started in a very tough position this gives him some fun as a potential superpower.
Thanks, I've already PM'ed him. Sienna is the most difficult position to play, which is why they eliminated it and Genoa in subsequent editions of the game.
Pixel

Post by Pixel »

Note Florence is the one attacking in Patrimony not the Papacy.
Image Image
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

[quote][/quote]My two battles with Pixel are created;

The battle for Arezzo has the password Arezzo

The battle for Patrimony has the password Patrimony

That way we can tell them apart for the final result, as if the overwhelming size of the Arezzo invading force doesn't give it away.

I am presuming that Pixel has to win the battle to capture the province, a draw means he has failed and must return to his previous position.
w_michael

Post by w_michael »

awesum4 wrote:I am presuming that Pixel has to win the battle to capture the province, a draw means he has failed and must return to his previous position.
Yes, control is determined at the end of the turn so if he is not in the province then he cannot capture it.
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Games up Lascar!!

amazing passwords:
Milan
Cremona
w_michael

Post by w_michael »

Chromey/Sienna has agreed to take over France.
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

Josh (Genoa) has been away for work, will be home tomorrow (NZ time so 12 hours before GMT) and will set up the battle for Pisa then.
TheGrumpyDoge
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by TheGrumpyDoge »

Hi all, sorry was stuck in Wellington NZ due to bad weather and only back home today.. game up now pw Chromey
w_michael

Post by w_michael »

I'm going to be out of the country on the weekend, so I will extend the deadline for battle results to the end of Sunday 22rd April
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

The battle for Patrimony is over. I won 47% to 4%. The Spanish army is way better than the Italian in my opinion. The Spanish pike are half the size of his but are superior compared to above average (landsknechts) and raw (Italians), and the rodeleros (sword and bucklermen) and small cheap and nasty. I swamped him (had 3 pike fighting 1 of his).

The battle for Arezzo is almost certainly going to be a draw. We have only played 9 turns, but I have a defensive square in one corner of the battlefield with two solid lines of Pike and a couple of rodeleros. I even managed to get my artillery behind the pike before his light horse could get them. His pike are still at least 5 moves away. I cannot see him breaking a line of superior pike before night falls. A draw is all I need to keep Arezzo.
TheGrumpyDoge
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by TheGrumpyDoge »

ummm I have had the game up for Chromey for a while, is he still playing?
CheersGD
Pixel

Post by Pixel »

The Arezzo battle is still ongoing but has been indecisive. The Neapolitans did not wish to give battle against the more numerous Florentine force and have marched themselves into a Defensive square in one of the map corners. Despite being eager get into the fight the Florentine pike is still more than a couple turns away from clashing with their pragmatic but somewhat cowardly foe.

Thus, for the purposes of campaign turn progression we can call it a draw for the current season. My understanding is that Naples still wishes to play the battle out at a more leisurely pace and thus for practice and curiousity as to the ultimate outcome we will keep at it.
Image Image

Return to “Pike & Shot : Tournaments & Leagues”