ECW Campaign 2017 Royalist Line of Communication

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: ECW Campaign 2017 Royalist Line of Communication

Post by GDod »

Good awsum I've talked to lascar who is playing him at the moment to beg him make his move and advise me if he's still in... his move will either be to intercept seaport or claim wales either way I don't see it as a problem. I'm hoping he'll submit a move b4 11th

Your calculation is correct good battling
awesum4
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by awesum4 »

Gavin, thanks for the way you have handled this. Running a campaign is sometimes a frustrating things, players surprise you as they think differently to you. Thanks for running this one. Now back to thrashing upstart rebels.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

No worries, it's a collaborative thing Awsum...we create it as a group, it belongs to us all, I'm just a facilitator
damatrios
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by damatrios »

GDod wrote:Good awsum I've talked to lascar who is playing him at the moment to beg him make his move and advise me if he's still in... his move will either be to intercept seaport or claim wales either way I don't see it as a problem. I'm hoping he'll submit a move b4 11th

Your calculation is correct good battling
I am extremely sorry for the delay. Can I move to Monmouthshire (42) via Pembrokshire (43) with a flying column in order to capture Wales?
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

My battle in Wiltshire is over, a loss unfortunately. Battle report in the common thread.

I've been in touch with RBS, given him a list of all the people who should have access to this thread (and the rebel one). Soon this will be secure so we can discuss the next move, its due this weekend.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

The Naki Bardman.jpg
The Naki Bardman.jpg (3.38 KiB) Viewed 7303 times
awesum4 wrote:My battle in Wiltshire is over, a loss unfortunately. Battle report in the common thread.

I've been in touch with RBS, given him a list of all the people who should have access to this thread (and the rebel one). Soon this will be secure so we can discuss the next move, its due this weekend.
GREAT!
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

Gentlemen of the just cause,

His Majesty King Charles has been a little dismayed at our lack of prowess on two of the recent battlefields, but heartened by the success of Lord Kelen, and by our gains in most areas meaning our armies are often larger than those of the rebels.

We know that the inclement weather will sap the will of the dour rebel armies and make their foot, who are already reluctant to fight against their rightful king, march more slowly than ours. Also the death of the arch traitor Pym will sap their morale and lead to lethargy among their commanders. Therefore we must move to destroy the two armies in the midlands and the one in the south west. Our intention is to fight battles with maximum strength so we will use only 2 flying columns this turn.

In the North Lord Doyley50 is to again move to County 41 to engage Bishop Brian. Lord Kelen is to strike north in a flying column to county 38 and then county 39. This will mean he supports Lord Doyley in his battle while moving to threaten the rapid capture of an exposed Scotland. Lord Snuggles will be left free but can only capture one county to our two.

In Wales and the west midlands Lord Brent is to move to county 24, Lord Damtrios to county 23 and Lord Youngr to county 27. These moves are intended to engage the rebel armies of Lord Ianwelshman and Lord LFDM with mutually supporting armies two of which are considerable larger than the enemy.

In the East midlands Lord Lascar is to move by flying column to county 11 and then county 7. the rebels cannot intercept him and again we will capture 2 counties and possibly lose one. If Ianow captures county 16 the London Trained bands will disband and London will be open to us.

In the South Lord Awesum will move into county 17 with his Cornishmen. Lord TGM will move to county 5. Lord Kingi will move to county 4. This means Kerry the lost irishman will be engaged by Lord Awesum who will have reinforcements from possibly 2 other armies. If the rebel armies around London remain stationary we have captured 2 or 3 extra counties and will be at even more of an advantage in the future.

The King wishes you all good health, and good luck in your ventures this winter,

Andre Deveraux,

Duke of Cornwall and Devon
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

Gavin,

my Brave Cornish Royalists will move from county 21 to county 17. We take our trollops and mistresses and fine plate and excellent porter and so move at a gentle pace.

Andre Devereaux,

BrentBJ
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by BrentBJ »

Gavin,
The wine, wenches, poodles, port and washerwomen (to keep the lace clean and perfumed) shall move from 44 to 24. My army will accompany them.

regards
Brent
BrentBJ
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by BrentBJ »

Trollops and mistresses are included among the wenches.
Doyley50
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Doyley50 »

Doyley50 and his army return to Westmoreland, strict instructions to the army have been issued to wait until after the battle before attempting to drink the Cumbrian hostelries dry.
youngr
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by youngr »

Lord Youngr moves the valiant Royal Army of the East Midlands from Northamptonshire (10) to Warwickshire (27)
Kelen2
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Kelen2 »

awesum4 wrote:Gentlemen of the just cause,

His Majesty King Charles has been a little dismayed at our lack of prowess on two of the recent battlefields, but heartened by the success of Lord Kelen, and by our gains in most areas meaning our armies are often larger than those of the rebels.

We know that the inclement weather will sap the will of the dour rebel armies and make their foot, who are already reluctant to fight against their rightful king, march more slowly than ours. Also the death of the arch traitor Pym will sap their morale and lead to lethargy among their commanders. Therefore we must move to destroy the two armies in the midlands and the one in the south west. Our intention is to fight battles with maximum strength so we will use only 2 flying columns this turn.

In the North Lord Doyley50 is to again move to County 41 to engage Bishop Brian. Lord Kelen is to strike north in a flying column to county 38 and then county 39. This will mean he supports Lord Doyley in his battle while moving to threaten the rapid capture of an exposed Scotland. Lord Snuggles will be left free but can only capture one county to our two.

In Wales and the west midlands Lord Brent is to move to county 24, Lord Damtrios to county 23 and Lord Youngr to county 27. These moves are intended to engage the rebel armies of Lord Ianwelshman and Lord LFDM with mutually supporting armies two of which are considerable larger than the enemy.

In the East midlands Lord Lascar is to move by flying column to county 11 and then county 7. the rebels cannot intercept him and again we will capture 2 counties and possibly lose one. If Ianow captures county 16 the London Trained bands will disband and London will be open to us.

In the South Lord Awesum will move into county 17 with his Cornishmen. Lord TGM will move to county 5. Lord Kingi will move to county 4. This means Kerry the lost irishman will be engaged by Lord Awesum who will have reinforcements from possibly 2 other armies. If the rebel armies around London remain stationary we have captured 2 or 3 extra counties and will be at even more of an advantage in the future.

The King wishes you all good health, and good luck in your ventures this winter,

Andre Deveraux,

Lascar is already in 11, (it's been misnumbered somehow as 12), so I think you mean from where he is into 12, then 7.
If I move into into 38, then 39 I won't bhe able to support Doley as 41 & 39 aren't connected. I could however move into 38 then 40 which would give the same result.
However, whilst I agree with the overall plan in principle it doesn't take into account the enemies potential moves. If Doley and I move north as planned, and Youngr moves west it will leave Snugglebunnies a total free hand in the midlands. I hoping he moves into 35 to support Warlord, (who is probably going to attack Doley in 34), but he could move south to 30 which would break our hold on that Div, deprive Youingr of 100 pt, and put him very well placed next turn for a flying column in any direction.

The problem we've got is that we can't elimate any army totally. They just come back, (so long as someone is willing to give up a county), and a single county 1000pt army just becomes a wildcard, and unless we anticipate their every move correctly, AND win every battle, for every county we take unoccupied, they can do the same.

As I said I'm happy with the overall plan, but we need to be aware of what could happen, particularly if ID & LFDM move north into 24 & 25, where they would be in a good position to support Seaport in his almost definate invasion of North Wales next turn, with his huge army, (by then it'll be 1400pts), or attack Doley from the rear.

Seeing as victory in this campaign comes down to how many counties we control, I do agree that this turn is our best chance to grab some extra ones whilst the rebels are mired, but if they don't do what we want them too, and those around London don't end up fixed, or if we are unlucky in our battles again, then we could be in for difficult couple of turns. (I'm guessing we're going to get some bad random events soon too!)

Ready to move North as soon as we confirm whether 40 or 39 for my destination.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

The Naki Bardman.jpg
The Naki Bardman.jpg (3.38 KiB) Viewed 7271 times
Turn2final.jpg
Turn2final.jpg (238.09 KiB) Viewed 7271 times
Sorry 'Transposed' when I should have 'Reposed'. Fixed now :oops:

ALL MOVES TO HERE PROCESSED Good Luck Gentlemen :D
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

awesum4 wrote:Gavin,

my Brave Cornish Royalists will move from county 21 to county 17. We take our trollops and mistresses and fine plate and excellent porter and so move at a gentle pace.

Andre Devereaux,

WARNING WARNING WARNING..........do not use this thread....this is the open forum See the common thread for how to access secure faction forum
Last edited by GDod on Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrentBJ
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by BrentBJ »

GDod
This is the Royalist thread not the open one. The secure thread has only just appeared.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

BrentBJ wrote:GDod
This is the Royalist thread not the open one. The secure thread has only just appeared.
Surely you mean this is the open faction thread Brent?
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

Gavin, we posted our moves on this Royalist thread before the secure thread was set up. From now on we will use the other one.

Return to “Pike & Shot : Tournaments & Leagues”