Le Roi Soleil - Challenges

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

rexhurley
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Le Roi Soleil - Challenges

Post by rexhurley »

Post all challenges in this thread please Box Draw as below. Please note Oogieboogie and Undieripper will be replaced if and when we locate two more players who wish to join, so if you want to avoid challenging them early unless of course you want to play me in a caretaker function for those two positions.

Box One: Pantherboy, Gdod, rexhurley, Seaport, kelen2, Ohf, Iandavidsmith

Box Two: Snugglebunnies, Ulysisgrunt, Bloodphoenix, Triarius, Ambrosio Spinola, The Grumpy Doge, Cromlechi

Box Three: Ianiow, Awesum4, Lascar, Hidde, Shawkhan2, Jomni, Oogieboogie

Box Four: Richard Bodley-Scott, The Gray Mouser, BrentBJ, Youngr, LFDLM, Doyley50, Undieripper

You may begin when you wish, regards Rex
Last edited by rexhurley on Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: Le Roi Soleil - Challenges

Post by GDod »

An Ode to Ohf Entitled "GG Dee is challenging Me"

It's Ohf we go
Feeling the water with my toe
So the first challenge is afoot
if the password ggdee is put
To begin your journey fill of wail and woe
LFDLM
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by LFDLM »

Challenge Box Four, password : LRSB4.

Let's go !
Doyley50
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Doyley50 »

I have taken up LFDLM's gauntlet.
cromlechi
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by cromlechi »

Box 2 challenge posted, password cromlechi
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Sorry to be thick, but are we supposed to be playing 2 games against each person in our Box, or 4?

If 2, who is supposed to initiate the challenge for the first game.
Richard Bodley Scott

Kelen2
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Kelen2 »

Also confused.

May have missed something but I thought it was going to be 5 players per box, with each player playing a mirror game against the other 4. Only we now appear to have 7 per box. So do we still now play all the other players, (6), in our box, or only a max of 4 others; and if only 4 how do we select those 4, and who initiates the challenges? (We can't all put up challenges, can we?)

Apologies if I'm being thick here.
Last edited by Kelen2 on Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

No need to apologize, I'm also totally confused ..
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg
rexhurley

Post by rexhurley »

Hi guys this is the first post from recruiting:
Hi everyone I'm looking at starting a new Round Robin Event with a tentative start date of mid February (depends on numbers - ideally 20+). The setting for the theme this time is the late 17th Century and the Le Roi Soleil period.

Matches will consist of 4 Round Robin mirror games versus others selected in your box (total 5+ players per box), at the end of the round robin phase we will enter a knockout round with the top players of each box playing each, 2nd v each other, 3rd v each other, 4th v each other, at the end of that round winners will play the other winners at their level and the loosers the other loosers, at the end you will have played a total of twelve games and we will post the end rankings for all to see.

All matches will consist of a 2 game mirror format as outlined below. For one game you will play with a Anti Imperial army, then you reverse that and play with an Imperial Force (or vice versa) as outlined below. All games are to be Open Battle unless mutually agreed before the game begins but if you use an alternate scenario format, i.e. flank march you must play both sides of the scenario as well.

For game creation ensure Filter Army List is ON, Force Selection set to DEFAULT

First Games of each Mirror match will be Large Armies, Wide Map, Terrain Type - Pot Luck, Army List - Pot Luck-Both Armies, Scenario type Open Battle unless mutually agreed, either player may issue the challenge.

Second Games of each Mirror match will be Large Armies, Wide Map, Terrain Type - Pot Luck, Army List - The exact opposite of what you just played in your first game so you will need to pick it from the pick list to get the proper armies then players MUST change the force purchase tab from default to "auto" this is to ensure fairness in this game , Scenario type Open Battle unless mutually agreed, either player may issue the challenge.

Post MATCH results with players, armies used and score % lost in the seperate results thread please (winners responsibility). I will get some spreadsheets together on a Google Shared drive so you can post the numbers directly into them.

Games can be played one at at a time, out of sequence or all at once up to you guys but please respect some people have other games on, lives and holidays etc. Please PM your opponents with your PW and if there will be a delay in starting so they know what is happening.

We will aim to take a month to play all of the group stage then another month (or less) to complete the knockout ranking stage
So Richard you play each player in the box twice, once with a pro imperial army, once with a anti imperial one. I suggest to all players you start with one game versus an opponent play it to a conclusion then play your mirror game so you can ensure you play with the exact same armies you have just used in your first game, this is to ensure balance and fairness throughout. Please don't post both challenges for the same player at once otherwise it won't work properly due to the pot luck army selection used for the first game.

For example in Box One one of my opponents is Pantherboy so I post an initial challenge using Anti Imperials with the above process, Pot Luck both armies etc. Steve accepts and we get a game where I use 1693-99 Anglo Dutch he gets to use 1687-1698 French. We play this through get a result and enter it into the results thread for LRS. We then decide to start our mirror (or second) game of the match, I agree with Steve that I will post the challenge. This time I select Imperial as my side but instead of Pot Luck for Armies I scroll through and (a) select 1687-98 French from the list so I play with this then (b) select 1693-99 Anglo Dutch for Steve to use and away you go.

Either player may initiate the first game in the match then by agreement for the second.

Kelen the goal was to get a minimum of 5 players per box (hence the 5+) but I was hoping for more which we have got so we have a total of 7 players in each box so yes you play all 6 for this initial box stage.

I hope this helps, cheers Rex
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

I have posted challenges for ALL Box 4 chaps(RBS, BrentBJ, Youngr, LFDLM and Doyley50), except for the underpantie guy per Rex's nebulous instructions :lol:

To make it easy all are me on the Pro Imperial side

password is Box4 for all

( I have no problems if anyone wants to start the reciprocal after, or at the same time ( once we get a peek at the required 2 armies of course)

Cheers!
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Hi Rex,

Yes I read all that and understood it.

However, leaving it to random chance who issues challenges to whom allows the possibility that two of the players will both challenge each other (for their first game) simultaneously.

Hence my query, in case I had misunderstood something. It seems I had not.

I have issued challenges for:
BrentBJ
Youngr
LFDLM
Doyley50

PW: Box4
Richard Bodley Scott

jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni »

I think we just have to update status for each box. Indicate whether challenge issued, games started, games concluded, result.

Box 3

jomni vs. Ianiow (Concluded) (Fighting)
jomni vs. Awesum4 (Concluded) (Concluded)
jomni vs. Lascar (Concluded) (Concluded)
jomni vs. Hidde (Concluded) (Not Begun)
jomni vs. Shawkhan2 (Concluded) (Concluded)
jomni vs. Oogieboogie (On Hold) (On Hold)

pw for my issued challenges: whuppin
Last edited by jomni on Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:45 pm, edited 10 times in total.
awesum4
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by awesum4 »

I have accepted 1 of the games Jomni posted....I believe we have to see which armies we are using before we can set up the reverse match.

I have posted games for;

Ianow

Lascar

Hidde

Shawkhan2

password.... sunking
jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni »

Ok. I never thought of that. Is that right? Mirror match should be same factions... I will get rid of the mirrors when I have the chance.
If no one accepted them.
Kelen2
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Kelen2 »

Games up for;

Pantherboy
GDod
Rexhurley
Seaport
Ohf
landavidsmith

Password: Box1
rexhurley

Post by rexhurley »

jomni wrote:Ok. I never thought of that. Is that right? Mirror match should be same factions... I will get rid of the mirrors when I have the chance.
If no one accepted them.
Hi Jomni yes please just the one to begin with, see what your both using then by mutual agreement start your next game on the opposite side.
rexhurley

Post by rexhurley »

rbodleyscott wrote:Hi Rex,
However, leaving it to random chance who issues challenges to whom allows the possibility that two of the players will both challenge each other (for their first game) simultaneously.

PW: Box4
Thanks for the feedback just my second time organising an online event so all improvements to my organising skill sets welcome, consider it done for next time :D
TheGrumpyDoge
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by TheGrumpyDoge »

cromlechi wrote:Box 2 challenge posted, password cromlechi
Hi cromlechi, you may not have had my correct name... all one word TheGrumpyDoge :-) unless I am looking in the wrong place. Am a tourney virgin on here :P

snugglebunny, sent you a challenge pw peoww
BrentBJ
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by BrentBJ »

I'm packing this week and moving this weekend. I'll accept any challenges next week. Thanks for your patience.

regards
Brent
youngr
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by youngr »

Round 1 challenges set up for BrentBJ and Doyley50. PW = Box4

Cheers
Richard

Return to “Pike & Shot : Tournaments & Leagues”