Le Roi Soleil - Results

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

rexhurley
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Le Roi Soleil - Results

Post by rexhurley »

Post results on this thread please.

Army list who won, who lost expressed as the percentage in the game. The points you earn will be based Pantherboy's (Steve) Caracole scoring system (used with his kind permission).

Scoring will be based upon the break level and by how close the battle was. The narrower the margin between players will result in scores rather close while an early decisive win will be wider.

Win: 6.0 + (enemy break% - winner break %)/10
Draw or Loss: (enemy break %)/10

Example:
pantherboy (German Catholic 1632-1638) (61%) vs flatsix518 (Swedish 1630-1634) (48%)
pantherboy (48%)/10 = 4.8pts
flatsix518 6.0 + (61% - 48%)/10 = 7.3pts

NB: Any battle that ends due to all the turns elapsing and with a player ahead in break % will not be considered a win and as such will only score the opponents break level divided by 10. Same applies if you bash each other to a mutual destruction 60%+ loss game

Once you derive your points you can post your points directly into the shared drive below or if you wish I can do it for you (I'm pretty busy working three jobs full time and studying at Uni full time as well so the first option is better for me ) The totals will automatically generate per player as the results are entered so you can keep an eye on everyone's standings all the time. As its a shared document you don't have to save it either once the figures are entered it does it for you. Note if there is an issue with you editing the file i.e you don't have a google account login I will aim too update the results every 2-3 days.

Have fun cheers Rex

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Re: Le Roi Soleil - Results

Post by TheGrayMouser »

TGM 80-98 Poles wins vs LDFLM's 89-90 Jacobite Scots 0 to 45% 10.5 Points

If there is a less balanced line up, I don't of it! No horse, no artillery, 2 rotted pikes and 10 thousand claymores vs an avalanche of lancers on the steppes of .. Scotland??
I fear the retribution thats sure to come...
shawkhan2
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by shawkhan2 »

There is a very good reason Bonnie Prince Charles lost. I think the Jacobite Scots are the weakest army in the game.
LFDLM
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by LFDLM »

TheGrayMouser wrote:I fear the retribution thats sure to come...
You're in the Mountains of Poland :D
rexhurley

Post by rexhurley »

TheGrayMouser wrote:TGM 80-98 Poles wins vs LDFLM's 89-90 Jacobite Scots 0 to 45% 10.5 Points

If there is a less balanced line up, I don't of it! No horse, no artillery, 2 rotted pikes and 10 thousand claymores vs an avalanche of lancers on the steppes of .. Scotland??
Consider it your on the top of the Highlands amongst the windswept peatland. Umm and sorry I will be addressing any inbalance in the pot luck armies (Kelen and I have Spanish v Russians...) in the final ranking rounds and future events so its not so extreme. Again its all learning for improvements for future events.

Regards Rex
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

rexhurley wrote:
TheGrayMouser wrote:TGM 80-98 Poles wins vs LDFLM's 89-90 Jacobite Scots 0 to 45% 10.5 Points

Consider it your on the top of the Highlands amongst the windswept peatland. Umm and sorry I will be addressing any inbalance in the pot luck armies (Kelen and I have Spanish v Russians...) in the final ranking rounds and future events so its not so extreme. Again its all learning for improvements for future events.

Regards Rex
Don't be sorry, and IMHO there isn't anything to address because potluck, is well, potluck!
LFDLM
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by LFDLM »

LFDLM (80-98 Poles) wins TheGrayMouser (89-90 Jacobite Scots) somewhere in Himalayas 27 to 61.
LFDLM : 6 + (61-27)/10 = 9.4
TGM : 27/10 = 2.7 (well-deserved)

So, for both games :
LFDLM : 0 ( :oops: ) + 9.4 = 9.4
TGM : 10.5 + 2.7 = 13.2

(No more games for 3/4 days, sorry...)
ianiow

Post by ianiow »

Box3

ianiow (Danish 1649-77) 11%
shawkhan2 (Ottoman Turk 1649-98) 41%

The Turkish invasion of Greenland didn't go well. Scouts are looking for a more forested or rocky beachhead for the next assault. Tough matchup for the Ottos.
rexhurley

Post by rexhurley »

Box 1 Rex Spanish (early list) 40% to Russian (early list) okayish terrain for the Russians prevented the dominance of the Spanish Gran battery due to lines of fire being blocked by hills however that was cancelled out by the Spanish foot getting to the front edge of the centre hill before their Russian counterparts, with their blood up the Spanish charge downhill sweeping away the bardiche foot before them meanwhile on the main flanks Russian Cavalry was no match for the Spanish horse who charge valiantly uphill into the hoards sweeping all before them.

Rex Spanish 40% to Kelen 2 Russian 25%, 8.5pts to 2.5.....now for the reverse can I do any better he wonders
Kelen2
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Kelen2 »

rexhurley wrote:Box 1 Rex Spanish (early list) 40% to Russian (early list) okayish terrain for the Russians prevented the dominance of the Spanish Gran battery due to lines of fire being blocked by hills however that was cancelled out by the Spanish foot getting to the front edge of the centre hill before their Russian counterparts, with their blood up the Spanish charge downhill sweeping away the bardiche foot before them meanwhile on the main flanks Russian Cavalry was no match for the Spanish horse who charge valiantly uphill into the hoards sweeping all before them.

Rex Spanish 40% to Kelen 2 Russian 25%, 8.5pts to 2.5.....now for the reverse can I do any better he wonders
Thought my foot were doing, OK, but as you say, the Russian cav just got mullered; made a couple of tactical and manoeuvring mistakes though, (like doing an about turn in the face of the enemy rather than falling back!)
ianiow

Post by ianiow »

Box 3

ianiow (British 1661-85) 16%
awesum4 (Danish 1681-96) 45%

The Danes lined their musket and bayonet infantry on a low hill with a stream in front and impassible mountains on either side. With dragoons on the mountains and Heavy/Medium guns on a hill overlooking the battlefield they waited. The British formed a chequerboard formation matching the enemy frontage and with cavalry following in a third rank up duly marched into this 'valley of death'. The british infantry received heavy losses and disruptions but now they were close enough to unleash their cavalry! Aiming for a couple of disrupted units on the Danish left flank the cavalry charged in and the danes evaporated. More British cavalry charged in to exploit the hole and within 2 turns the Danish infantry line was completely rolled up. The danes tried to counter with their cavalry reserve but it was too late.

Appalling morale dice for Awesum4. Each break caused 2-3 disruptions around it and each pursuit seemed to find a Danish flank. Nasty!
youngr
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by youngr »

Box 4 Results

youngr (Imperialist Austrian 1649-74) vs Doyley50 (Hungarian Kuruc Rebellion 1672-85): Win for the Imperialists:

youngr: 6.0 + 2.7 = 8.7
Doyley50 = 2.2

youngr (Hungarian Kuruc Rebellion 1672-85) vs Doyley50 (Imperialist Austrian 1649-74): Win for the Hungarians:

youngr: 6.0 + 3.1 = 9.1
Doyley50 = 2.0

Thanks for the good games Doyley50 as I got lucky in a few key combats

Richard
rexhurley

Post by rexhurley »

Results recorded to here
lascar
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by lascar »

Box 3 Results:

Lascar Swedes 11%
Shawkhan2 Ottomans 45%

Lascar French 8%
Jomni Danes 41%
Doyley50
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Doyley50 »

Doyley50 (Swedes 1680-96) v RBS (Jacobites 1689-90}
Swedes 22% Jacobites 46%

Swedes 6+(46-22 /10) =8.4
Jacobites 22/10= 2,2

Hope I have got the maths right. I fear the mirror game will wipe me out...

Edit I thought that looked odd, thanks Jomni.
Last edited by Doyley50 on Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni »

Box 3:

Jomni (Ottoman 1649-1698) 61%
Ianiow (Russian 1649-1661) 28%

The battle in the east ended in a Russian victory. The Janissaries had a hard time defending against sustained cavalry charges.

Jomni (French 1661-1699) 56%
Shawkahn2 (Russian 1662-1694) 27%

Russians are again victorious.
Last edited by jomni on Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni »

Doyley50 wrote:Doyley50 (Swedes 1680-96) v RBS (Jacobites 1689-90}
Swedes 6+(46-22) /10 = 3
You divide the difference by 10 before adding 6?
6 + 2.4 = 8.4
awesum4
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by awesum4 »

Awesum4 1649 Russians won against Lascar 1649 French.
Score was 51% lost to 24%, so 6+2.7 = 8.7 for awesum, 2.4 for Lasar. I tried to post on the spreadsheet but can only view it, have asked for permission to post there.

Russian left wing was cavalry on a low ridge partly covered in rough ground supported by dragoons shooting from mountains, eventually they were beaten by the French cavalry charges but caused significant damage.
The Russian centre outnumbered the Fench and blew them away with musketry and artillery before they could close.
On the right the Russian had more cavalry than their opponents and slowly spread beyond the end of their line before advancing to shoot, they withstood the French charge and then exploited flanks and rear to complete the victory.
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

Awesum4 1649 Russians won against Lascar 1649 French.
Score was 51% lost to 24%, so 6+2.7 = 8.7 for awesum, 2.4 for Lasar. I tried to post on the spreadsheet but can only view it, have asked for permission to post there.

Russian left wing was cavalry on a low ridge partly covered in rough ground supported by dragoons shooting from mountains, eventually they were beaten by the French cavalry charges but caused significant damage.
The Russian centre outnumbered the Fench and blew them away with musketry and artillery before they could close.
On the right the Russian had more cavalry than their opponents and slowly spread beyond the end of their line before advancing to shoot, they withstood the French charge and then exploited flanks and rear to complete the victory.
SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

Box2:

SnuggleBunnies French 8%
Ulysisgrunt Imperial 44%

An unbalanced matchup, I think. Ulysisgrunt, I didn't quite catch what years the army lists covered; maybe you did? If not, I wrote down the unit types we were each using, and I can go through the skirmish lists and figure it out.
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg

Return to “Pike & Shot : Tournaments & Leagues”