Le Roi Soleil - Results

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

rexhurley
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: Le Roi Soleil - Results

Post by rexhurley »

Myself as myself (rex :mrgreen: ) using my family (Irish Jacobites) 16 crush the Russians of Seaport by sheer quantity of numbers 41.

Thanks for the game Seaport

Box 4 Box 4 come in Box 4 anymore results????
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

clansman420px.jpg
clansman420px.jpg (68.03 KiB) Viewed 6029 times
An ode to the Russian Seaport entitled "Murmansk, that is a lot of Jacobites (Why do they look very similar to those Scottish ones!) "

The Russian hurled and ran
sick at the sight
of the Jacobite thong

Editor " GG D, I think that should be throng!"
GG D "Are you sure Ed, a Jacobite in a thong is far more threatening than a Jacobite throng!"
Editor "I'm pretty sure... nothing is worn under their kilts"
GG D "Then can i suggest jockey's"
Editor "Don't think they need them... have you seen their old nag ponies!"
rexhurley

Post by rexhurley »

In the land of the forested thong Seaport returns the favour 53/28 to many woods too many thongs for the russian nags.......... :shock:
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

An ode to the Jacobite Seaport entitled "Watch out for my thongs in that wood! "

The Russian hurled and ran
sick at the sight
of the Jacobite wood...

GG D "Ed. are we allowed to say wood?"
Editor "I think it's fine if you don't put wood and thong in the same sentence!"
GG D "Whoops!"
BrentBJ
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by BrentBJ »

Box 4

LFDLM French 60%
BrentBJ Polish 56%

The lead in this game switched almost every turn and right up to the end either of us could have won.
Thank you for an enthralling game.

regards
Brent
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

Brave brave Sir Richard.jpg
Brave brave Sir Richard.jpg (116.28 KiB) Viewed 5941 times
Did you Richard?... we all want to know! Has the cat been tamed? Have the claw marks become infected?
What's the buzz tell me what's a happening! Whats the buzz... hurry or I'll have to burst into more Jesus Christ Superstar lyrics!
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

Coming as soon as our pants dry out The Battle of Wet Pants and Damp Ankles Stream
Sunk_soldier.jpg
Sunk_soldier.jpg (23.85 KiB) Viewed 5884 times
Featuring Seaport's hill top defence by his tenacious multitudinous minions of mayhem vs GG D's resplendent limitless legion of luck
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

It's here at last... The Battle of Wet Pants and Damp Ankles Stream :roll:

Armies stared cautiously across the stream as the cannon from both sides opened the conversation with barking and smoke. Seaport's French standing to, in a defensive line, on a low hill opposite the Ipiddledinit stream downstream from little Belguim town of Proudpindle. With reckless abandon the Spanish, confident after their recent tapas and paella breakfast, sounded the advance. GG Dee's leading coronel in the centre, Esé "Home boy" Idiota confirmed the stream was fordable abet a little smelly. As the Spanish launched into the slightly yellow water not only did they come under withering fire from the French lining the other side but they suddenly realised that Esé was the only eight foot tall coronel in the regiments. Despite the relentless discharge from the French and the amarillo, icy fingers of the water gripping the men's resolve they managed to advance tenaciously up the slope on the further bank. Just as it seemed the centre would hold the French revealed the entire French army had bourré and déféquered in the stream the previous day! Spanish pike broke and ran horrified at the revelation. Word spread like fuego fatuo and everyone Se egarder en chiens de faïence. The entire force that had crossed earlier that morning fled intent on securing their baggage for clean, dry and freshly perfumado breeches.
GG Dee's forces melted away 61% managing to take a significant number of French 50% with them before their inglorious quick departure.
Wet Pants Spanish right flank.jpg
Wet Pants Spanish right flank.jpg (155.6 KiB) Viewed 5871 times
Wet Pants Centre.jpg
Wet Pants Centre.jpg (143.71 KiB) Viewed 5871 times
Wet Pants Spanish  left flank.jpg
Wet Pants Spanish left flank.jpg (168.71 KiB) Viewed 5871 times
ianiow

Post by ianiow »

ianiow (Anglo-Dutch) 14% vs 51% SnuggleBunnies (French)

The French commander admitted that he messed up deployment by spliting his forces, defending two large hills in the center of the battlefield. He came unstuck when the enemy pushed through the gap between the two hills and turned onto unprepared French flanks.

ianiow (French) 51% vs 60% SnuggleBunnies (Anglo-Dutch)

The Anglo-Dutch did a Waterloo and held back their force in a defensive square near their own baseline with an outer wall of infantry and inner reserve of cavalry. Every time the French punctured the wall and pursued into the square they were picked off by the cavalry reserves. The battle raged in this manner until the fight got more spread out. Then it became a chaotic free for all with each side taking the lead on alternate turns. A real bloodbath.

Cheers SB for two great games.
rexhurley

Post by rexhurley »

Nice did the Panther and RBS ever finish their games? if they did please feel free to finish off the event for the glory of winning there Ian. Sorry I still have pretty much no PC capability to take this through to a total conclusion, sorry gentlemen 8-(
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

The Naki Bardman.jpg
The Naki Bardman.jpg (3.38 KiB) Viewed 5770 times
I don't mind setting up and recording the next boxed games if everyone is ok with that. But I'll need editing rights on the spreadsheet Rex.
Last edited by GDod on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

The Naki Bardman.jpg
The Naki Bardman.jpg (3.38 KiB) Viewed 5777 times
The New Tables are ready to go people 6 Boxes, 4 in each. so lets go gentlemen... to your horses!
I couldn't find Seaport and IDS results and RBS LFDLM's results for 2nd games - don't think it alters the box draw. Rex I've taken your best alias and deleted the others along with two players with no results. Hopefully, by the end we should have a ranked ladder for future challenges (poss. handicapped games depending on where you are in the rankings (What do you think?)
Just a reminder
Army list who won, who lost expressed as the percentage in the game. The points you earn will be based Pantherboy's (Steve) Caracole scoring system (used with his kind permission).
Scoring will be based upon the break level and by how close the battle was. The narrower the margin between players will result in scores rather close while an early decisive win will be wider.

Win: 6.0 + (enemy break% - winner break %)/10
Draw or Loss: (enemy break %)/10

Box draw based on the following

New Seedings in Order / Points

Pantherboy 115.3
SnuggleBunnies (Snuggles) 103.3
Ianiow 101.7
Richard Bodley Scott (RBS) 90.1

GDod 88.2
Awesum4 81.3
Hidde 78.9
Youngr 75.5

The Grey Mouser (TGM) 74.3
Oogieboogie (Rex Sub) 71.8
The Doge 71.2
Kelen2 70.8

Shawkhan2 60.8
Brent BJ 59.1
LFDLM 55.9
Doyley50 52.5

The Doge 49.7
Seaport 44.7
Bloodphoenix 36.9
Ulysisgrunt 35.7

Jomni 33.3
Ian David Smith (IDS) 28.6
Cromlechi 26.7
Triarius 25.9

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Last edited by GDod on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
iandavidsmith
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by iandavidsmith »

Seaport and i are just about finished our game , i am sure he will come out victorious
Ian
Last edited by iandavidsmith on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iandavidsmith

Post by iandavidsmith »

Are the battles set up same as Round 1 ,

eg First Games of each Mirror match will be Large Armies, Wide Map, Terrain Type - Pot Luck, Army List - Pot Luck-Both Armies, Scenario type Open Battle unless mutually agreed, either player may issue the challenge.

Second Games of each Mirror match will be Large Armies, Wide Map, Terrain Type - Pot Luck, Army List - The exact opposite of what you just played in your first game so you will need to pick it from the pick list to get the proper armies then players MUST change the force purchase tab from default to "auto" this is to ensure fairness in this game , Scenario type Open Battle unless mutually agreed, either player may issue the challenge.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

The Naki Bardman.jpg
The Naki Bardman.jpg (3.38 KiB) Viewed 5753 times
iandavidsmith wrote:Are the battles set up same as Round 1 ,

eg First Games of each Mirror match will be Large Armies, Wide Map, Terrain Type - Pot Luck, Army List - Pot Luck-Both Armies, Scenario type Open Battle unless mutually agreed, either player may issue the challenge.

Second Games of each Mirror match will be Large Armies, Wide Map, Terrain Type - Pot Luck, Army List - The exact opposite of what you just played in your first game so you will need to pick it from the pick list to get the proper armies then players MUST change the force purchase tab from default to "auto" this is to ensure fairness in this game , Scenario type Open Battle unless mutually agreed, either player may issue the challenge.
The same as the 1st round is the intention Ian
Kelen2
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Kelen2 »

Just checking to make sure I've posted the right challenges as Lascar appears to be in 2 groups;

The Grey Mouser (TGM) 74.3
Oogieboogie (Rex Sub) 71.8
Lascar 71.2
Kelen2 70.8

Lascar 49.7
Seaport 44.7
Bloodphoenix 36.9
Ulysisgrunt 35.7

Is that right, (e.g. is he playing a proxy due to drop outs), or should that have been someone else in one of the groups?
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

The Naki Bardman.jpg
The Naki Bardman.jpg (3.38 KiB) Viewed 5711 times
I'm so sorry guys...first timer mistake... I transposed lascar's name instead of The Doge... my sincere apologies to The Doge and the rest of his group, and lascar of course :( .... I'll nip out back and flagellate myself in the spirit of religious custom and the inquisition... oh, and I'll wear hessian undergarments and fast for 40 days! Thanks Kelen for picking it up!

The Grey Mouser 74.3
Oogieboogie 71.8
The Doge 71.2
Kelen2 70.8

Seaport 44.7
lascar 40.8
Bloodphoenix 36.9
Ulysisgrunt 35.7
pantherboy
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Post by pantherboy »

First match completed between me and RBS. I'm not sure when the next one will be finished as RBS has been very busy and unable to send in turns on a regular basis.

pantherboy (French) 29% vs 56% RBS (Anglo-Dutch)
iandavidsmith

Post by iandavidsmith »

pantherboy wrote:First match completed between me and RBS. I'm not sure when the next one will be finished as RBS has been very busy and unable to send in turns on a regular basis.

ahh , FOG 2 or FoG N :mrgreen:
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

The Naki Bardman.jpg
The Naki Bardman.jpg (3.38 KiB) Viewed 5678 times
pantherboy wrote:First match completed between me and RBS. I'm not sure when the next one will be finished as RBS has been very busy and unable to send in turns on a regular basis.

Recorded in my best script on the parchment black cat! Clearly, your claws weren't blunted (just worn down a little) :D

Return to “Pike & Shot : Tournaments & Leagues”