Le Roi Soleil Round Robin Event Recruitment - Open

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

rexhurley
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: Le Roi Soleil Round Robin Event Recruitment - Open

Post by rexhurley »

pantherboy wrote:Rex, will you be using the scoring system outlined in the results thread? Dividing simply by 10 creates problems. I'd recommend using the scoring system for TYW. It rewards striking victories. As an example a 0% to 40% victory scores 10pts for the winner and 0pts for the loser rather than 4pts versus 0pts and a person who wins marginally 59% to 60% gets 6.1pts versus 5.9 rather than 6pts to 5.9pts. As you can see under a flat division of 10 the game shifts from winning as best you can to dragging the battle out as long as possible since in these two scenarios the respective winners would of received 4pts for a decisive win as opposed to 6pts for barely holding on. Food for thought.

Cheers,

Steve
Ah ok I see the rational behind why you did what you did for Caracole now. I will have a ponder on it over the weekend, my concern with the additional points was that given the outcomes in the TYW event people can pull away too far too easily for a game that might be mismatched in pot luck.
cromlechi
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by cromlechi »

I'd like to join but will be out of action for a about 5 days towards the end of March if that's ok.
rexhurley

Post by rexhurley »

cromlechi wrote:I'd like to join but will be out of action for a about 5 days towards the end of March if that's ok.
Hi ya Crom yup that's all good we all have various things on so no problem
damatrios
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by damatrios »

Can I join in or is it too late? And how will I know which group I am in and who exactly to start playing with?
rexhurley

Post by rexhurley »

damatrios wrote:Can I join in or is it too late? And how will I know which group I am in and who exactly to start playing with?
Sorry we are almost finished and about to enter the finals rounds. I may be running a new event shortly keep an eye open for news

Return to “Pike & Shot : Tournaments & Leagues”