How do you get reinforcement points?

Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy is a game of 3D tactical space battles. Play your part in the Second Contact War in a campaign with a branching story and over 60 missions, or create your own scenarios in skirmish mode battles.
gonavy21
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

How do you get reinforcement points?

Post by gonavy21 »

I really don't understand how reinforcement points work in this game on iPad. I go into a mission with 180 points. I complete the mission with absolutely no hull damage to any of my ships and very little shield damage. I also don't use any munitions. When I start my next mission however I'm down to 162 reinforcement points, WTF? How are you able to buy new ships then? Is this a flaw in the game? I like this game but this seems to be a pretty big issue. Any help would be great
gonavy21

Re: How do you get reinforcement points?

Post by gonavy21 »

So I just completed another mission with no hull damage and no munitions used. This time my reinforcement points dropped from 162 to 160. No where in the so called manual is this discussed. I would like some answers please. I'm close to giving this a one star review and asking apple for a refund due to this being an incomplete game
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

i looked at this yesterday but have no answers for the ipad version i'm sorry to say, but a developer may have a better answer for you
blacklab
Black Lab Studios
Black Lab Studios

Post by blacklab »

Reinforcement points are determined by the chapter that you are playing, they are a fixed amount, with a modifier based on your current warscale. (From memory, a defensive warscale can increase reinforcement points, offensive reduces deployment time). The change in points from mission to mission would be a result of warscale changes.

You can dismiss ships from your fleet to get back there value in reinforcement points if you want to "buy" a different type of ship, but remember that the new ship will start with a level 1 captain, so any development levels gains by the previous captain will be lost.

Thanks for the feedback about the manual, we'll look into that.

Cheers, Paul
Paul Turbett - Game Director - Black Lab Games
twitter.com/blacklabgames

Return to “Star Hammer”