Unable to get back to Initial Resolution (MacBook)

Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy is a game of 3D tactical space battles. Play your part in the Second Contact War in a campaign with a branching story and over 60 missions, or create your own scenarios in skirmish mode battles.
durp
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Unable to get back to Initial Resolution (MacBook)

Post by durp »

I have a Retina 13 inch and was trying to see if I could get the graphics to look a little sharper...

I changed the resolutions a few times and decided it was no better... then found that I could not get back to the original resolution.

Now I only have sub-optimal resolution choices that cap out at 1152x720. (sadpanda)
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Unable to get back to Initial Resolution (MacBook)

Post by zakblood »

Code: Select all

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202471
i have no other game info i'm sorry to say, i only have the pc version, but maybe another mod or developer will post a more correct reply / answer
durp

Post by durp »

Hmm... tried switching the "Open in Low Resolution" option, but it does not matter.

Basically, the options list presented within Star Hammer doesn't even have 1400x900 which would allow for a pixel doubled experience. As it is, it is terrible - cannot read text, looks like someone smeared vaseline on my HUD.

Might have to ask for a refund; unplayable like this.

Durpdeedurp
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

there maybe a way to do it, tbh it's just i dont know it, you can always ask support,

support[at]slitherine.co.uk

as they will have mac experience and will at least be able to tell you how to turn it back to how it was, sorry about that
durp

Post by durp »

There was another resolution 1280x800 hiding at the bottom, I may have had to be in fullscreen to see it, but it is slightly better than the lower rezzes. I e-mailed support, maybe they will have more info (really would be nice to get to a more Retina friendly rez).
durp

Post by durp »

There was another resolution 1280x800 hiding at the bottom, I may have had to be in fullscreen to see it, but it is slightly better than the lower rezzes. I e-mailed support, maybe they will have more info (really would be nice to get to a more Retina friendly rez).
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

good luck, glad you got it kind of sorted in the end, support will know and be able to give more information
blacklab
Black Lab Studios
Black Lab Studios

Post by blacklab »

If you hold down the Option key when you start the game, you'll see a dialog that allows you to change resolution before the game loads.

Either 1920x1080, 2560x1600, or 1280x800 would work best.

Cheers, Paul
Paul Turbett - Game Director - Black Lab Games
twitter.com/blacklabgames

Return to “Star Hammer”