Live Computer Voice Battle Status Reports

Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy is a game of 3D tactical space battles. Play your part in the Second Contact War in a campaign with a branching story and over 60 missions, or create your own scenarios in skirmish mode battles.
TripMX
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Live Computer Voice Battle Status Reports

Post by TripMX »

Hello Slitherine, I would first like to thank you for creating Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy. I have only just heard of this game after the announcement of the iPad (iOS) BETA testing; I have also applied for that. One very interesting aspect of the advertisement of this game was in your Gameplay video that you released on YouTube:

In your advertisement video, there were "live" battle status report computer voice-overs in the video which immediately drew me into the game. My question is: These live computer voice-overs are present in the final game, right? If not, have you considered including them (with the option to turn them ON/OFF) to give the game a more in-depth feel?
blacklab
Black Lab Studios
Black Lab Studios

Re: Live Computer Voice Battle Status Reports

Post by blacklab »

The voice in the trailer is only in the advertising, it's not in the game. In campaign scenarios, there are multiple characters that appear during the battles, though these aren't voiced at present.
Paul Turbett - Game Director - Black Lab Games
twitter.com/blacklabgames
TripMX

Post by TripMX »

blacklab wrote:The voice in the trailer is only in the advertising, it's not in the game. In campaign scenarios, there are multiple characters that appear during the battles, though these aren't voiced at present.
I see I see, thank you for your response, blacklab! Have you considered adding the live computer voice battle status reports into the game itself? I can understand having multiple characters with voices may be troublesome to implement, but just having a voice-over exclusively for your battalion would be an implementation worth considering in my opinion. Most of us space game fans love this type of thing (as the trailer enticed us).
blacklab
Black Lab Studios
Black Lab Studios

Post by blacklab »

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions. We listen to and consider all such feedback, but I can't make any promises at this stage.

Cheers, Paul
Paul Turbett - Game Director - Black Lab Games
twitter.com/blacklabgames
TripMX

Post by TripMX »

blacklab wrote:Thanks for your feedback and suggestions. We listen to and consider all such feedback, but I can't make any promises at this stage.

Cheers, Paul
That's fine, and thank you for listening.
I will do my best to aid in the iPad (iOS) BETA test once it's ready.

Return to “Star Hammer”