Developer’s Note #2 - Work On That Core Stability

Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy is a game of 3D tactical space battles. Play your part in the Second Contact War in a campaign with a branching story and over 60 missions, or create your own scenarios in skirmish mode battles.
Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Developer’s Note #2 - Work On That Core Stability

Post by Daniele »

If you’ve seen some of the recent gameplay screenshots of Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy, you may have noticed the peculiar triangle in the bottom left corner. This week, Lead Designer Anthony Sweet is going to tell you why that little triangle can mean life and death in the Coalition Navy.

I’m not a physicist, nor do I pretend to be one on television, but I do know there are certain immutable absolutes in this universe that I cannot argue with; the sun rises in the east, chocolate is delicious, and the total energy of an isolated system remains constant.

Coalition naval ship design starts with that first law of thermodynamics. Combat-ready vehicles require multiple capabilities to meet any threat in a hostile environment. If these capabilities exist in individual closed systems, it would mean at any given moment the ship could not run at 100% efficiency; while you’re busy redlining your turrets and nothing else, your engines and shields would have all this excess potential energy not being spent to help ruin your opponent’s day.

Read the full article here

Return to “Star Hammer”