Gettysburg: The Tide Turns Bugs

xIGuNDoCIx
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Gettysburg: The Tide Turns Bugs

Post by xIGuNDoCIx »

I have found several bugs in release v1.0 I have also linked a video showcasing several of these issues in action.

1 - Many times after a combat is concluded and the "Advance After Combat" screen appears the game freezes requiring the player to exit back out to the main menu and reloading the current save.
2 - While playing as the Union Army player is not able to advance past Turn 11 even while meeting all victory requirements while playing the "Campaign" scenario. The only option given is to go back out to the main menu.

Here is my video, if you skip to the 28 min mark you can see the "Advance After Combat" bug. - https://youtu.be/fLEhVArQHC0

I have also included my DxDiag and Output Log as attachments to this post.
Attachments
output_log.zip
(1.32 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
DxDiag.zip
(13.39 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Gettysburg: The Tide Turns Bugs

Post by zakblood »

thanks for the post and feedback and sorry for your issues, the developer will look at the files and reply

my input only

Drive: C:
Free Space: 1.1 GB is getting low, as your O/S is on this, i'd free up more space which would help with temp files and also cache and swap files for windows etc

plus Realtek Digital drivers are old, while it won't make any different to this error, it may help in others

Driver Version: 6.00.0001.7535 (English)

Date and Size: 6/16/2015 12:00:00 AM, 4504320 bytes

latest being

Driver Version: 6.00.0001.8036 (English)
Date and Size: 05/01/2017 00:00:00, 5545472 bytes

Code: Select all

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
save file location
you can find saves (*.wbts) in c:\Users\<user name>\AppData\LocalLow\Shenandoah Studio\Gettysburg_ The tide turns\
mboog12
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by mboog12 »

hi. do you have a savefile with the advance after combat freeze?
xIGuNDoCIx

Post by xIGuNDoCIx »

I do not as I figured out a way to pay through it by having to exit back out to the main menu and repeating the combat. Even still doing this "work around" only works about 50% of the time. Sometimes the only way around it is to just "retreat" your units and not take part in the battle at all. I will start a new game this weekend and I am fairly certain I can reproduce this bug as it pops up quite often.
mboog12
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by mboog12 »

We're rolling a patch for this now. I'm 95% sure it will fix the issue you're having.
xIGuNDoCIx

Post by xIGuNDoCIx »

Awesome news and great job with the game so far! I hope to see many improvements in the months to come.
lewar
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by lewar »

I have similar issue.
Additional information:
After starting scenario Campaign in "Vistory Conditions" window is displayed information "Attention: victory status is evaluated at the end of turn 11." although in main window is printout "Turn 1 of 31".
mboog12
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by mboog12 »

lewar, could you send me a save file that i can check? You can find them at c:\Users\<user name>\AppData\LocalLow\Shenandoah Studio\Gettysburg_ The tide turns\ . Look for .wtbs files.

Regarding the victory conditions evaluation: the full campaign lasts 31 turns. But you can win the scenario before the 31st turn. The game evaluates the early win conditions at turn 11 and at turn 21. I think the games behaves correctly in this situation.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

I see everyone is having the same issues I am – continuous freezing. I’ve had some of the others mentioned (unit advance). But also having a freeze issue while playing as CSA and the Union cavalry turn (which had been eliminated prior in the game) but it’s still trying to move it.
Loving the game otherwise. Hopefully a fix will be soon.
lewar

Post by lewar »

I do not have save file. I removed it when started next scenario. Sorry.
robertahyuk
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by robertahyuk »

I have downloaded your 1.02 patch and un=zipped it and it's an uncomplete patch file and won't change the version to 1.02. Had a Pro check it out and he showed me this. Why isn't this hotfix set to the Updates? Please look into that patch as it was playing fine before I even saw that patch. It doesn't attach.
robertahyuk

Post by robertahyuk »

Also, it's only froze up on me once. Otherwise it plays better than when I beta tested this fun game.
MEDMORSE97

Post by MEDMORSE97 »

I updated with hotfix and the advance after combat bug seems to be fixed.

BUT....when I try to play campaign game it only loads first day scenario and stops at turn 11 even though it says 31 turns remaining during gameplay.

Thanks
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Are you sure you didn't win on day 1?

We're looking to add an option to continue even if you would have won but that will take a little longer.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

IainMcNeil wrote:Are you sure you didn't win on day 1?

We're looking to add an option to continue even if you would have won but that will take a little longer.
Yes Please!!!
:D

Return to “Gettysburg: The Tide Turns - Technical Support”