Unable to download from APP store

Discuss Crisis in Command Volume II: Drive on Moscow. Designed by Ted Raicer
blastpop
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Unable to download from APP store

Post by blastpop »

My wife downloaded this on her IPOD two or three years ago for me. It was to difficult to play at that time (small for the IPOD). My wife since received and IPAD which is sufficiently large to play. When this was purchased it was Shenandoah Studios, and not Slitherine. In her account it shows she purchased but is unable to download. Drive on Moscow is still available for sale. Why can't she download?

Please help.

Thank you.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Unable to download from APP store

Post by pipfromslitherine »

My guess would be that it is a 32-bit application, which Apple disabled in iOS11 and later.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
djhurlbut
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by djhurlbut »

Any plans to update the app? It's having support for other platforms added and Bulge has already been updated.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

I'm afraid not.
The old Shenandoah games were built in a 32-bit engine. Then once we bought the assets of the company we did try to rebuild the games in a new 64-bit engine.
For the first game, Bulge, we replaced the old version with the new version so this is why this still works.
But then due to the feedback we received, where users preferred the old version and were annoyed that we overwrote the old version so it could not still be played, then when we released the new Moscow version we did this as a new game/depot in the App Store, to allow the old version to continue working.
So unfortunately although there is a new 64-bit version of Moscow this is effectively a new product on the App Store, due to limitations where we cannot have two versions of the same game available for download.

Return to “Drive On Moscow”