timed out versus rating

Discuss Crisis in Command Volume II: Drive on Moscow. Designed by Ted Raicer
tbe
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

timed out versus rating

Post by tbe »

I played a while ago one of the top 2 players. There were 2 games where I had a good position in one and he in the other game. It is holiday season of course and both games were timed out and I gained a lot of rating points. Strange thing is that my opponents rating didn't change. In fact the top stays already unchanged for weeks or months.

- Does it mean that you can avoid having a lower rating by not ending the timed out games?
- Does it mean that when you stop playing, the points once gained are kept forever? Better for the competition that you lose points so that the scoreboard is a mirror of the current active players. Just an opinion.
s_nkarp
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: timed out versus rating

Post by s_nkarp »

The way Game Center works is that devices linked to a particular account can change leader-boards for that account; others can't. So, when you score a win, your ranking changes, but your opponent's won't until they log in. I believe it also updates if they time out (by not checking in on a game for 7+ days).
tbe

Post by tbe »

I'll test it, I'll update the post
sajjad321

Post by sajjad321 »

Sometimes a player will resign even if winning, just to avoid spending time on a sure victory?

Game Center games do time out after a week if a player fails to send a turn.

I don't know of any reports of bugs forcing resignations
Try out our free CAS-001 exam and latest comptia Test-king.com training courses to get high flying success in final the-berklee and www.northeastern.edu exams, mcts College of Notre Dame of Maryland is also very useful tool.
Thomasgex
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

timed out versus rating

Post by Thomasgex »

Is there a way to change the timeout in the admin area. I cant make changes in the admin area without it timing out and I have to login again to make the change in a faster way.

Return to “Drive On Moscow”