Is there a new patch in the works?

A place to discuss the upcoming hex-based Civil War simulation from Shenandoah Studio
vj531
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Is there a new patch in the works?

Post by vj531 »

There are still multiple problems with the can we expect any more development?
mboog12
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Is there a new patch in the works?

Post by mboog12 »

Hi, there will be an update in the next months. Right now we're not actively working on the game. Let me know what issues you're still having and I'll check if we've fixed them on our end.
COLB
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by COLB »

There are still a few technical issues such as the game hanging up and forcing us to reboot and replay turns. That's frustrating as the replayed turn changes the random unit selection and just generally takes a bunch of extra time. Especially if it does this multiple times.

But the real issue is GAME BALANCE! I, and several people I have played on line (including vj531), have never been able to play the campaign game past turn 11. With only one exception it always ends in a Confederate victory on that turn. Both players in several of these games felt that the Union could have recovered and had a least a chance if the game had continued. Not much of a campaign if it always ends at turn 11. Playing against the AI the game as either side is much different - and oh so much easier to continue and win. Someone needs to relook the victory conditions and perhaps the location and number of objectives so that there is an actual campaign game.

At least one player has stated that the game is a dud because of this and refuses to play it. His comment was "Well, at least it was only $10 wasted. But I won't waste any more time on it."

I'm playing Day 2 on line right now for the first time. We'll see how that goes.
vj531
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by vj531 »

Play balance is shot. This needs serious attention as a priority.
@COLB (above) pretty much hits the nail on the head.
pzgndr
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by pzgndr »

mboog12 wrote:Hi, there will be an update in the next months. Right now we're not actively working on the game...
It would be nice to see another update or two. The game is beautiful but still needs improvements and enhancements.

I would agree play balance needs attention, but not sure if it's balance itself or perhaps the battle casualties are excessive and don't allow players sufficient time to recover. My sense was that if casualties were reduced a notch and the AI wasn't so darn aggressive/reckless then gameplay would be better. Just a thought.
pzgndr
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by pzgndr »

Crickets chirping...

With March to Glory release announced for April 12, perhaps some Shenandoah effort will be redirected back to Gettysburg? I played some again a few days ago and got frustrated with the excessive casualties on Day 1. IMHO I think a modest reduction in casualties and perhaps a modest increase in retreat/recovery might improve things. I'd also like to see some cosmetic enhancements for historical immersion, like more unit information for division number and home state. Easy to do.

A status update from Shenandoah would be nice. I generally like Gettysburg but it needs a tune-up. I'm interested to see how March to Glory plays out, and perhaps some of those features could be back-fitted into Gettysburg or at least any future Civil War expansion game for Antietam and other battles. Waiting to see what happens...

Return to “Gettysburg: The Tide Turns”