Union corps symbols

A place to discuss the upcoming hex-based Civil War simulation from Shenandoah Studio
Capitaine
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Union corps symbols

Post by Capitaine »

The Union I Corps symbol was a round disk or ball; not a star. The star was the symbol of the XII Corps, and it uses the star symbol too [correctly] in the game. Since the game uses the other corps symbols, like the crescent moon of the XI Corps, I assume the game's intent is to use the actual corps symbols of the AotP.
Capitaine

Re: Union corps symbols

Post by Capitaine »

By the way, here is a link showing all the Union Corps badges used later in the ACW.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_ ... rps_Badges

Would be nice to use all of them accurately, rather than just some haphazardly.

Not sure why more accurate CSA designations aren't used either...
Capitaine

Post by Capitaine »

I posted this quite a while ago and, while it received a lot of views, it got no responses from other players or Shenandoah/Slitherine. I find the muddling of these Union symbols very off-putting and a black mark against the game, both as to playability (confusion inducing) and graphically (shoddy historical art). I thought it would be enough to point this out, but clearly it wasn't. I realize other issues that are more debilitating to actual gameplay take precedence, but this too should be addressed. IMO it isn't minor.

If this is reflective of the approach of "new Shenandoah", I plan to take stock of that with all forthcoming releases.
pzgndr
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by pzgndr »

Capitaine wrote:I posted this quite a while ago and, while it received a lot of views, it got no responses from other players or Shenandoah/Slitherine...
If this is reflective of the approach of "new Shenandoah", I plan to take stock of that with all forthcoming releases.
+1

Some of these suggested edits and enhancements shouldn't be too difficult to do and would help the game a lot. But no response from Shenandoah....

Return to “Gettysburg: The Tide Turns”