Victory Hex Count?

A place to discuss the upcoming hex-based Civil War simulation from Shenandoah Studio
Kolbex
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Victory Hex Count?

Post by Kolbex »

Just finished my first game, First Day scenario, no freezes, and I'm glad to say that despite some extremely fierce fighting the Union forces prevailed. However, I am curious about one thing. Here are two images showing the board state just before victory was declared and the victory screen itself (since the board doesn't allow attachments greater than 256k (ha ha) in size: http://imgur.com/a/kFcuB

None of the victory hexes are occupied by Confederate units, yet the victory screen says that they held one hex. Am I just missing one somewhere? One possibility suggests itself: the far eastern hex WAS occupied by Doles up until this last turn, whereupon the unit vacated it (silly, in my opinion, but not a terrible maneuver I suppose if play were to continue beyond the end of turn 11). Do hexes "remember" the last side to occupy them, i.e. would I have had to physically retake it for it to count as "not CSA"? Thanks very much.
mboog12
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Victory Hex Count?

Post by mboog12 »

Hi. Hexes 'remember' the last side to occupy them. As USA you will have to physically retake them, yes.
In your game it looks like CSA has taken the objective near Weikert's Hill. The objectives get more faded once they've been taken by CSA.
I think the victory panel reported correctly here.
Kolbex

Re: Victory Hex Count?

Post by Kolbex »

Yes, that is the "far eastern hex" I mentioned. Ok, that solves that, then.

Return to “Gettysburg: The Tide Turns”