Gettysburg: The Tide Turns is out!

A place to discuss the upcoming hex-based Civil War simulation from Shenandoah Studio
Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Gettysburg: The Tide Turns is out!

Post by Daniele »

The Battle of Gettysburg, fought between the Army of the Potomac and the Army of Northern Virginia, is considered by many the turning point of the American Civil War.

Lasted three days, from July 1st to July 3rd, 1863, the battle saw many epic and tragic moments, culminating in the famous Pickett's Charge, the desperate frontal assault of the confederates against the unionist defensive lines at Cemetery Ridge.

Today, Shenandoah and Slitherine are very proud to release Gettysburg: The Tide Turns, the brilliant hex-based wargame that will make you relive all the hard tactical choices the Confederates and the Unionists had to take during these long and crucial days of fierce fighting.

But the news is not over! We have just opened the gates for the first Gettysburg: The Tide Turns Tournament!

Take the challenge and defy your human opponents! The tournament will start on Wednesday 19th! Click hereto sign up!

IMPORTANT! Only 8 players will be allowed initially, so first come first served! We will add more players in future matches once we will collect enough feedback! Even if we did beta testing during the development stage, “no plan resists contact with the enemy”!

What are you waiting? Grab Gettysburg: The Tide Turns now!

robdam1001
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Gettysburg: The Tide Turns is out!

Post by robdam1001 »

I just purchased this game via Steam. The game will not launch. I double click the icon and nothing happens..... ever. Windows 10 PC.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Sorry you are having problems. Can you try verifying you files and if that does not help navigate to the folder you installed to and run the game exe directly.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

like Ian above says, sorry for your issues, if you need any tech support please post in the link below where tech support can ask you more question and help getting you up and running

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=356
robdam1001

Post by robdam1001 »

I uninstalled the Steam version, got a refund. Then I purchased the game directly from Slitherine; same exact issue. Then I tried running the game as administrator and now the game is working! I am not authorized to make posts in Tech support forum, any idea why that is??

Also, I cannot get past the advance after combat screen. I select next and Commit but nothing happens. Thank you and I apologize for posting tech support questions in the incorrect area, but again, I am not authorized to post there.
robdam1001

Post by robdam1001 »

*The 1.02 hotfix fixed my issue.
Torvaldo
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Torvaldo »

When will the v1.02 hotfix be ported to Steam?
Scotty123
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Scotty123 »

questions re game.
There is no CHAT correct?
As well when you play I understand the HEX's that the USA have to try and occupy but what are the TWO OBJECTIVES that the CSA have to get in order to win?

Thanks
Bob

Return to “Gettysburg: The Tide Turns”