Am I missing something? (newbie)

Discuss John Butterfield’s Battle of the Bulge: Crisis in Command Vol. 1
Bulger
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Am I missing something? (newbie)

Post by Bulger »

Hi all,

I just installed the game, it cost little now, and I am longtime interested in the military history of the Battle of the Bulge.

Hence my problem: the battle in the game has not the slightest relation to the real battle i.m.h.o.!

I cannot play the way the real battle was fought....

This is my first problem in the beginning: I have no small units with which to block the German routes, which was main characteristic of the first days. The problem of the unsuitable terrain for offensive WAS the main issue for the German forces. And that I cannot play with....

Am I overlooking something here?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Am I missing something? (newbie)

Post by zakblood »

no you are correct, but you maybe should have looked at the game play vids or comments first, it's abstracted combat

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 43&t=68719
Bulger

Post by Bulger »

OK, thanks.

I like the game system though, so it is not wasted money. I have already been looking for a mod to see if the units could be edited somehow :D
Bulger

Post by Bulger »

As I see it the red signs of forbidden crossings are having that function. So it is not bad after all :D
demyansk
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by demyansk »

I just bought the bundle, nice little game for a small amount of time.
JagdTiger700
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by JagdTiger700 »

Bulger wrote:Hi all,

I just installed the game, it cost little now, and I am longtime interested in the military history of the Battle of the Bulge.

Hence my problem: the battle in the game has not the slightest relation to the real battle i.m.h.o.!

I cannot play the way the real battle was fought....

This is my first problem in the beginning: I have no small units with which to block the German routes, which was main characteristic of the first days. The problem of the unsuitable terrain for offensive WAS the main issue for the German forces. And that I cannot play with....

Am I overlooking something here?
Nope, not one thing you said was inaccurate especially the historical part which including when before starting the next day when clicking on history (one specific part) in one case it is just plain horrible!

Return to “Battle of the Bulge”