No music or sound effects in games

Discuss John Butterfield’s Battle of the Bulge: Crisis in Command Vol. 1
RoyalBlue
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

No music or sound effects in games

Post by RoyalBlue »

I'm writing this as well as sending a message to Shenandoah that I have purchased all three games and on all my iOS devices with music and sound effects turned on, the first of any of the 3 games that I download will sometimes have music and sound, the second game will only have some sound effects and the third game never has any sound even though all 3 of them have sound effects and music turned on. I have tried redownloading and restarting my device many times over and over to no avail. If it's possible for them to get access into my devices or see what I mean by video I would be more than happy to show the glitches. It's upsetting when you buy a new iPro for this awesome game and can't achieve the entire game environment. Please follow back on me to fix it.
RoyalBlue

Re: No music or sound effects in games

Post by RoyalBlue »

I'm also playing against myself on drive on Moscow. So I don't have music or sound on any of the three games except on BoTB
mboog12
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by mboog12 »

Hi RoyalBlue, the Desert Fox and Moscow games are the exact versions that have been on the AppStore for a few years now. Maybe the new IOS update broke the sound for some devices. We are investigating this.
However, the range of fixes we can do to the old versions is very limited. That is one of the reasons we're remaking them.
RoyalBlue

Post by RoyalBlue »

I would be more than happy to show you videos of lack of sound effects as well as me playing against some "player" named "mmkillburn" who happened to be myself! Which isn't my actual online name. It's beginning to make me angry and I would be more than happy to show you everything about my iPad and iCould account to resolve this issue.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys

the old versions of the game cannot be updated. If Apple change things that break the game we cant fix it as the code base was dated and not possible to bring forwards (as we did for Battle of the Bulge). Instead we rewrote the code in Unity to allow us to support it going forwards and add other platforms. We are preparing a new version of Drive on Moscow, which will be on PC and iOS, but we will offer this as a new version, and leave the old version there as some people prefer it.

We would love it if Apple updates were backwards compatible but this is out of our control.
Dittsche
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Dittsche »

This is exactly what i mean. We pay for this games and your company have to fix it. There was a lot of games they have problems with sound after ios 9. But most of the developers solve this problem! Is slitherine not smart enough? Now we have ios 10. So you solve now the problem for ios 9 and we have to wait the next 2 years for solving the problems for ios 10????
I want my money back! I dont see any solutions for the future. And thats really sad. This series was the best of the best for mobile. And your company destroyed this. Really i like slitherine games, but this is unbelivible. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Last edited by Dittsche on Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dittsche
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Dittsche »

mboog12 wrote:Hi RoyalBlue, the Desert Fox and Moscow games are the exact versions that have been on the AppStore for a few years now. Maybe the new IOS update broke the sound for some devices. We are investigating this.
However, the range of fixes we can do to the old versions is very limited. That is one of the reasons we're remaking them.
But this needs a update!!! You never try your own games???
skoptic
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by skoptic »

Dittsche wrote:
mboog12 wrote:Hi RoyalBlue, the Desert Fox and Moscow games are the exact versions that have been on the AppStore for a few years now. Maybe the new IOS update broke the sound for some devices. We are investigating this.
But this needs a update!!! You never try your own games???
I have sound effects on the games but no music.

@Dittsche - Couple of thoughts

- the old app codebase is not available in a form which can be updated. So it is not a case of 'fix it now', more 'develop a codebase which can be updated, test it and deploy'. They are in the process of doing this, but it is not a simple or swift task.
- the BoB app updates obviously left something to be desired but the options appear to be, leave the games on the old codebase with NO updates possible, or migrate to new codebase and have supported apps. Which of these would you prefer?

Return to “Battle of the Bulge”