AI defence against early victory conditions

Discuss John Butterfield’s Battle of the Bulge: Crisis in Command Vol. 1
Crender
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

AI defence against early victory conditions

Post by Crender »

I have never failed to achieve an early victory as Axis in full Bulge scenario. I am not a very good player, it is simply that the AI does not defend the line of the Meuse. In the next update could you please either completely remove early victory conditions or improve the AI defence so it is very hard to achieve, then gamers can enjoy the full scenario.

When is next ios update expected please?

Thank you
AlexRadu
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: AI defence against early victory conditions

Post by AlexRadu »

The next update will be released in two weeks. We usually modify the AI based on the feedback received from multiple users. Many of them suggested that the AI is challenging enough and I personally think that the AI is pretty solid for the new players. Try the "Bitter End" scenario and if you are getting better at bulge, I suggest you play the Multiplayer.

Cheers,
Alex
Szarpas
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Szarpas »

AlexRadu wrote:The next update will be released in two weeks. We usually modify the AI based on the feedback received from multiple users. Many of them suggested that the AI is challenging enough and I personally think that the AI is pretty solid for the new players. Try the "Bitter End" scenario and if you are getting better at bulge, I suggest you play the Multiplayer.

Cheers,
Alex
Hi,

sorry to say, but the AI seldom fails to abbandon its line of supply (e.g., I attack the last area through which the line is upheld and as often as not the AI will later evacuate it even though I can neither attack it any further in this turn nor is it able to reestablish it in another area. In consequence the whole German Army gets out of supply.) and doesn't care for victory conditions. It could really need an upgrade. At the moment the Multiplayer suffers from gamefreezing issues when people have different Operating Systems. I think it's a good game, play it often (see szarpas profile on Steam) and am counting on the update to fix these issues. When did you say it will be released?

Thanks,
Szarpas
AlexRadu
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlexRadu »

I am aware that the Bulge AI is not a big challenge for experienced players, that is why we usually advice players to play the Multiplayer mode. I also wanted to ask you if you are still experiencing Multiplayer freezes. Thank you!

Return to “Battle of the Bulge”