Map Editor v1.04

A secret place for modders to chat and ask questions. Requires forum registration.

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

Hammer4000
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Hammer4000 »

O.k never mind that last post i got it to work. I would of used my screenshots but they never turned out.(Dam Fraps I wanted some eyecandy to show too)

first off i never did delete the ottawa Capital this time, just added another down in Africa in the same spot you did, haveing UK own it in Egypt. then added the name in the ww2 city file.(Funny now UK has got three Capitals)I would of never belived that was possible. (This is were it gets interesting.)

It still shows the British flag in Africa so for now i guess its the primary one.

2nd.After poland fell(did i menthond it didnt hang or freeze :shock:) i did the typical routine, went for Denmark
the British sent one unit to Denmark(wow) i was surprised even though it was too late for the Danish at that point.
Then built up ready for the France invasion.

While this was happing my uboats were scouting right, thats when i noticed that the CONVOYS were headed for south Atlantic toward Africa.(hateing that & loving it).

Oh yea even caught another UK transport head for Africa(again very surprised) so far some good & odd results . I saved it, going to bed after this but will post again after i played a years or so, to further test it out. All i can say is intresting
BuddyGrant

Post by BuddyGrant »

Good luck. FWIW I made my edits using a text editor - I'm pretty familiar with the files now so it's not too hard, and the official game editor can be a bit flaky sometimes:-).

PS: Geez, the forum refresh is slow today.
Hammer4000

Post by Hammer4000 »

Good luck. FWIW I made my edits using a text editor - I'm pretty familiar with the files now so it's not too hard, and the official game editor can be a bit flaky sometimes:-).
Oh well after a few testing on both sides, these are the results,sigh:(

Axis AI-After Poland Fell Germany does there normal routine. After France falls they drive straight towards Africa, ignoring all else, even if Russia joins the war?!?!?!-main reason is because Britain's primary capital is located in Africa instead of London, because of that whole stupid-*uckin lower-higher capital thing.

Allied AI-Shows no improvement for aggressiveness in Africa in some cases maybe even a decline. UK send troops to Africa(well trys) mostly the ships reach about half-way if that and just set there. Barley no De-fence of UK island

Other--Allied Convoys go to Africa- but the convoys unload there supply's at Gabarlter??!! :lol:

The only reason i tried these testing & contentment's was just to test & try to see if the AI(mostly allied) would intervene more in Africa-granted on some scale UK would do some Freakish moves and show promise but would fall short of any real ambition. The Germans & Soviets are pretty good for the most part for the AI.

I have barley changed the General txt file all though i believe this would do little impact on the tactical side of the AI. It was a good effort to try,thank you for your asstaince too BuddyGrant, i,,m most thankful for it. I,ve been followering the Great War game thats in DEV. I talked to a few members of Lordz. They say(claim) that the AI(as with everything else) has been rewritten from the ground up useing a action-reaction method. SO the AI respond to what you do & decides when it will open new fronts.Sounds cool but i wont believe anything till i see it. Hopeing for beta soon to try. Cheers!!
jasudec2
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Map Editor v1.04

Post by jasudec2 »

I have CEAW gold v. 1.12, running on Windows 7. When I open the editor, the default map appears, the Map / Country buttons show at the top and the up/down. However, the bottom right/left scroll bar and the buttons at the bottom are not visible. I cannot even close the application. I have to cancel via the task manager menu.
kirk23
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Map Editor v1.04

Post by kirk23 »

Quick question,this is not for CEAW but Commander Napoleon At War? Is there anyway this editor will work for CNAW map.

I really like both theses games but at the moment I'm trying to do some modding on Commander Napoleon At War. :wink:

Return to “Commander - Europe at War : Modders Corner”