Strategic need of advice(councils)

A secret place for modders to chat and ask questions. Requires forum registration.

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

hellred152
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Strategic need of advice(councils)

Post by hellred152 »

hello the guys
I play the AXIS and I find this really excellent game(set,play) on the other hand I really have difficulty in crossing(spending) the Russians; I may try strategies different but impossible to reach(affect) Moscow!
Furthermore I have to fight on France with the allied landing while we are that in 1942...
Would you have some strategic advice(councils) to supply me?
Thank you
hellred152

Re: Strategic need of advice(councils)

Post by hellred152 »

If somebody in strategic advice, I am accepting thank you.??
BuddyGrant
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Strategic need of advice(councils)

Post by BuddyGrant »

Russia tips versus the computer...
- First of all put money into labs as early as possible. If you don't you will have a very hard time by 1941 and 1942 since the allied units will be better than yours.
- Reserve are fair amount of the rest of your money on units and leaders for the upcoming war in Russia. You never have enough money so this means sacrificing plans elsewhere, for example building no new u-boats or perhaps not sending German units to Africa.
- Use fighters and tactical bombers to soften up Russian units (reduce their entrenchment and efficiency) before attacking them with your land units. This is especially important for Russian units in a city or fortress hex.
- Try to cut off or surround Russian units whenever possible, then either let them die on their own (they lose steps each turn when out of supply) or slowly knock them out later with rear Infantry corps.
- Likewise do not allow your own faster units like armour to get cut off/surrounded by venturing too far into Russia without some kind of "tail" (infantry and Mechanized units) to protect the rear. That said, you can be more aggressive and risky with your armour if there are no Russian units in an area.
- Try to avoid all land attacks in mud/winter/severe winter weather. Your success odds will be very poor and unit range is reduced dramatically. This will also save you a lot of oil.
- Often it's best not to even try for Moscow in 1941 because you likely cannot get there in force before winter hits. In your 1941 attack try to set a goal of a good defensive river line to reach before winter comes, then stay behind that river for the winter and continue the attack the next summer.

Tips on defending France from 1942 onwards...
- Personally I like using some minor forces (Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, maybe Italy) as fodder here along with a few good German units. The computer AI is so stupid with landing coordination that you should have no problem defeating any landed units. Sometimes the AI will not bother even supplying a unit that landed, so don't be too concerned about lots of allied units within France. You should be able to defeat them much quicker than they can repair and replace them and you also get relief during winter when they can not land any more units until the next spring.
- I move all my planes out of France right after defeating them in 1940. If you go toe-to-toe and air battle with the British fighters the attritional loss rates will be similar and you will need to spend a *lot* of money on costly aircraft repairs. You really need that money for focusing on labs and Russia.
- With no air support I also will not use the German navy to defend France - that is suicide without German fighter & bomber assistance.

Eventually you will get so good versus the computer that you will need tips on how to make the game a challenge again, so enjoy your challenge now while you can!

Return to “Commander - Europe at War : Modders Corner”