Is there a way to stop re-loading cheat in PBM?

A secret place for modders to chat and ask questions. Requires forum registration.

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

bjorsa
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Is there a way to stop re-loading cheat in PBM?

Post by bjorsa »

I miss a counter showing the number of time your opponent has re-loaded the game. I believe many players abuse the option. Can this be found?

Also, does anybody know if there will be a mod to replace the ridiculous arrows with actual animations like the ones you see when playing against the AI? This way, there is no way to tell what unit did what damage and when.

And wouldn't it be nice if the game actually sent the moves by itself, like any other MP game does, insted of heving us mailing a file back and forth?

In short, I really find the play by mail system flawed. Any hope of upgrades?

Sorry for the wall of negativity. Would very much appreciate any feedback!

:-)
Ste71
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Is there a way to stop re-loading cheat in PBM?

Post by Ste71 »

Good shout.
richardsd
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by richardsd »

I think the short answer is pretty much no
richardsd

Post by richardsd »

bjorsa wrote:I miss a counter showing the number of time your opponent has re-loaded the game. I believe many players abuse the option. Can this be found?

Also, does anybody know if there will be a mod to replace the ridiculous arrows with actual animations like the ones you see when playing against the AI? This way, there is no way to tell what unit did what damage and when.

And wouldn't it be nice if the game actually sent the moves by itself, like any other MP game does, insted of heving us mailing a file back and forth?

In short, I really find the play by mail system flawed. Any hope of upgrades?

Sorry for the wall of negativity. Would very much appreciate any feedback!

:-)
you need to find people you are cumfortable playing

in my last game I lost by 1 step, literally Hamburg held on the last turn at 1 step - very annoying to say the least, now I am sure some poeple might be tempted to reload that but I saw no reason too

apart from when I am eh hem drunk, I play very fast as I find it a form of light entertainment (CEAW) you just need to find people you are happy to play
OxfordGuy3
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

It's a shame PBEM isn't more secure and non-subject to abuse in CEAW, this was actually one of the reasons that I stopped playing the game (only just come back to it), I think most opponents I played were actually pretty honest, but I do remember at least one game where lots of suspicious things happened e.g. opponent never ran onto my subs, never seemed to have bad combat results etc. I just hope the majority of people still playing the game are honest these days.

Return to “Commander - Europe at War : Modders Corner”