iOS 11 kills some great games

PCKid
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

iOS 11 kills some great games

Post by PCKid »

Seems some of the best iOS strategy games will be no more with release 11. 64 bit only. That means no more Drive on Moscow, Desert Fox and other great games that are more PC or console quality. Looks like I'll need to keep my old Air just for gaming. Might source an iPad Pro with 10 on it. Does this mean that this studios games will not appear on iOS anymore? Almost the only reason I game on the go.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: iOS 11 kills some great games

Post by zakblood »

i'll give you a link and some reasons the game +(iOS) has gone the way it has, through no fault of the board i may add, as there's more than a few posts on the same subject now

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 10&t=78295
Glocko
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Glocko »

Well I guess we will have to go and buy the PC versions of these games if we would like to keep playing them :(
I noticed, in another thread on this topic, that people have suggested free Steam keys could be supplied to the owners of IOS games that will cease to work. Sounds like a decent idea - but doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

I'm sure it would do Slitherine/Shenandoah a power of good if they were to somehow compensate those of us who purchased iPad versions their games.
PCKid

Post by PCKid »

Glocko wrote:Well I guess we will have to go and buy the PC versions of these games if we would like to keep playing them :(
I noticed, in another thread on this topic, that people have suggested free Steam keys could be supplied to the owners of IOS games that will cease to work. Sounds like a decent idea - but doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

I'm sure it would do Slitherine/Shenandoah a power of good if they were to somehow compensate those of us who purchased iPad versions their games.
I'm not looking for a refund or free steam codes etc. it's just sad that I'd found a device that enabled me to play close to console quality tbs and RPG games anywhere untethered. I have ditched both my Xbox and PlayStation consoles a long time ago. Have no desire to go back as playing good games anywhere is far more appealing to me. Seems I'm in the minority as clearly it hasn't turned out financially viable enough for these excellent companies to either make more games like this for iOS or to convert current ones to 64bit.
JagdTiger700
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by JagdTiger700 »

Your not the only one (laptops not included), just tablets, the portability is nice and they also can be used with rear (portable) projectors.

Return to “Shenandoah General Discussion Forum”