We have to re-purchase these games at full price?!

jpinard
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

We have to re-purchase these games at full price?!

Post by jpinard »

Ok some weird thighs going on. First of all, there are dedicated forums for battle of the bulge and drive on Moscow but the main forum while not let me in, it says I don't have permission to view them.

Second, when I went to get e update for Drive on Moscow I saw it cost $10. Am I to understand that those of us that gave (Shenandoah) lots of extra money to develop the games in the first place, beta tested them, played them, then Slitherine bought them out, didn't like the core program and reprogrammed in Unity, and now... you expect "us" to re-purchase the game all over against with no discount whatsoever? It wouod be nice to have these on both iPad and Steam since I am stuck in the hospital a lot and is a good way to okay stuff with my Uncle then (preferred gaming is PC but can't take that to hospital).

So... help? :cry:
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: We have to re-purchase these games at full price?!

Post by IainMcNeil »

Which forum exactly do you have posting issues with jpinard? Sounds like a bug.

Your old version of Drive on Moscow will always be available so you don't lose anything - you will always be able to re-download it, its just no longer for sale. The new version changes the code base to Unity but the game is the same. It allows us to update going forwards but takes nothing away from what was released by Shenandoah before they closed down. There is no way to discount the new one based on the old one - Apple prohibit it unfortunately.
Oxybeles
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: We have to re-purchase these games at full price?!

Post by Oxybeles »

FWIW, I vote to replace the two remaining Shenandoah games like was done with Battle of the Bulge.

I happen to like the original plan to replace with the new code. A few malcontents seemed to complain more about the iPhone versions.

Keep the iPhone game the old code, but allow the IPAD the new code!

Return to “Shenandoah General Discussion Forum”