Units in Huy didn't go out of supply when cut off

Meta Bagel
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Units in Huy didn't go out of supply when cut off

Post by Meta Bagel »

I have the latest 1.0.3 version of the game. I didn't know about the bug reporting mechanism when this issue occurred. I don't know what version of the game my opponent is playing with.

My opponent's 2 axis armor units had moved from Werbomont into Huy. I moved allied armor into Werbomont, the battle resulted in both axis and allied armor occupying Werbomont, which I believe should have caused Huy to go out of supply (all other territories adjacent to Huy were controlled by the allies). Huy remained in supply. The next day, the 21st, Huy was still in supply, and the 2 armor units exited the map. After I sent more units into Werbomont and caused my opponent to retreat from that space, Huy did go out of supply (turned red on the supply map).

If I am wrong, and Huy should not have gone out of supply, then I think some clarification should be made in the help documentation, because the way I interpret it, supply can't go through spaces which are in conflict.

Love the game, by the way.
s_nkarp
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Units in Huy didn't go out of supply when cut off

Post by s_nkarp »

Hi: yes, the rules summary is not as clear as it should be. Units can trace supply through contested spaces IF they are friendly-controlled). Thanks for catching this: we'll correct the language in the next update.

Note that 1.1.1 is the latest in the store. If you are playing through Game Center there are important bug fixes, so you should update!

Best,
Nick
Meta Bagel

Post by Meta Bagel »

Thanks. As explained to me, the full rules are correct. I should have read the section in the full rules, but it would be nice if the summary could be improved. You could try the following change and see if it works for you...

Supply may be traced out of a friendly or contested space through friendly spaces to a map edge (east for the Axis; all others for the Allies).

TO:
Supply may be traced out of a friendly or contested space through friendly or contested friendly spaces to a map edge (east for the Axis; all others for the Allies).
Peter_TSS
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Peter_TSS »

It will be changed in the next update to reflect that you can always trace supply through friendly-controlled spaces. :)
Kavomatovlbat
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Units in Huy didnt go out of supply when cut off

Post by Kavomatovlbat »

not sure it works over the share like that, have you tried mapping the drive and using that folder path?

Return to “Shenandoah General Discussion Forum”