Game haywire....

emoore12345
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Game haywire....

Post by emoore12345 »

Hello:

I have been playing Vietnam'65 since beta testing and have had no problems until last week.

My uniform went blank, ranged attacks (Air, Cobras and Arty) spot and fire but no resolution, and my ground units
roll right onto VC and NVA units except for my regular infantry which engage but always lose.

I have reloaded the game and updates but still the same effects happen. The game works otherwise and even loads
my old saved games with the new snafus.

I had upgraded to windows 10 but the game ran fine until last week.

Any ideas?

BTW....this game ROCKS! One of my favorites ever.

Thanks!
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Game haywire....

Post by zakblood »

uninstall and re install it, making sure all folders and files are removed, just back up your saves, and when reloaded and updated, just copy them across, details of where and how are already in beta section and can link you if needed
emoore12345

Post by emoore12345 »

10-4...Thanks!

I will keep you posted. Keep up the good work and your hard work is appreciated!

Ed Moore
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

Post by Every Single Soldier »

Did you come right on the re-install ?

First time we have had this reported...
emoore12345

Post by emoore12345 »

Ok here is what happened.

I uninstalled my original game file and reloaded from my saved downloads.
The same problems cropped up again. Ranged attacks took me pressing the mouse key around 70+ times with the jet flying each time to
bomb the target and it would then hit but the enemy would just disperse.

Cobra and Tank and Arty light up the target but do not fire. My infantry and Green Berets attack but always lose and sometimes just drive onto the target with no action.

My points dwindle until the NVA flag shows up in the score column then the game locks up.

I then uninstalled all of my files permanently and purchased the download again. The basic training game worked normally but when I start a
new game all the bugs reappear. Also, my units gain maximum stripes/veteran status after each failed attack.
The uniform section also does not allow me to even change the name on the uniform.

All the other aspects of the game work such as menu, start up, etc. but once into it the above gremlins pop up.

All of the downloads down loaded with no hiccups and the upgrade downloaded fine also.

Here is my system as best as I can tell:
Win 10 upgraded from Win 8
AMD E-450 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.65 GHz
4.00GB (3.61 usable)
64 bit Op system, x64 based processor

I really love this game and I can't figure out what started this as it worked great since beta testing. By the way you guys could charge two or three times what your price is as this game is awesome. Any ideas?

I love Slitherine and you guys rock and keep up the good work!
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

Lol, it seems anti-piracy features :)

Return to “Vietnam '65 - Tech Support”