Original CeaW

Tech support for Commander Europe at War. Requires forum registration.

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

SSLConf_miguelsietes
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Original CeaW

Post by SSLConf_miguelsietes »

I have an original copy of the game since 2010, I think.

Its from spanish distribuitor called friendware. Their webpage doesnt exist anymore...

The problem that I have is It´s impossible for me to install any patch. I´ve tried the 1.12 patch (gold edition) but it requires a serial number that my CD copy don´t have...

Anyone can help me?

Thanks.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Original CeaW

Post by zakblood »

welcome to the board, and i'd be guessing if i tbh have ever heard of it from somewhere else, so i'd say your out of luck, as the game here comes with a serial and would be a different version, and that's why the patches won't install etc, it's not from here, so as far as i can see, it's not the same version, maybe same name and developers etc, but once it was signed up and moved to here, i'd be guessing it's been altered and updated many many times, but just in case i'm wrong, best course of action is to email staff support who maybe able to confirm what i'm saying, or tell you i'm wrong etc. as it's does happen, i'm not always right either,...

well good luck and welcome to the board and sorry i couldn't be more helpful and give you more than just a link,.

support@slitherine.co.uk

just give them the same info posted above, and they will get back to you with a reply.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

The original Slitherine Version didn't have a Serial number either. It was introduced With the Gold Version if I recall correctly. I think people were able to install the old CEAW patches back then, but not the Gold edition one or the Matrix Version one.

I'm not sure how Slitherine dealt with users having the old Slitherine Version, but if they had bought CEAW from their WEB site I think they got a serial number from them. I think the key is that you need to prove your original purchase.
GeneralButtercup82
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by GeneralButtercup82 »

Maybe I am too simple a guy, but when I run into a problem like this I go back to the source to see what's up. What's up is you can still buy CEAW from Slitherine or Matrix for $30! That means if I spend more than 40 minutes fussing about an old game it has already cost me more than just buying it again. Problem solved!

Am I too simple? LOL
Your Turn,
General Buttercup
generalbuttercup82@gmail.com
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

That is probably the simplest and you get a New Serial number. Slitherine will probably Upgrade the Version they sell to GS v4.0 as well.

Return to “Commander - Europe at War : Tech Support”