Frustrated 1st time CEAW Mac user

Tech support for Commander Europe at War. Requires forum registration.

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

Partizanchik
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Frustrated 1st time CEAW Mac user

Post by Partizanchik »

I'm a first time user having problems getting started with the Mac version of CEAW 3.0. I just bought & downloaded the game onto my Macbook Pro (OS High Sierra 10.13; 2.9 GHz Intel Core 7; 8 GB 1600 MHz RAM; Intel HD Graphics 4000, 1536 MB display). When I open in low resolution, I simply can't enlarge the detail enough to see the units clearly. When I open in high resolution (according to game specs, 2 GHz), the game freezes on that screen and goes no further.

What's the solution? (I'm not going to revert to an older OS.) Is this game wrong for my specs?
pk867
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: Frustrated 1st time CEAW Mac user

Post by pk867 »

Hi,

One, you should update the OS to v10.13.2.

Two, With the application closed, In Documents /CEAW Grand Strategy v4.0 Delete the GS400_settings.txt file

Three, When you restart the game, Select language to use, "High video" memory 2.0GB, you have to use Automatic password with 10.13.*,
with your Monitor that you have you should be able to select High Resolution 1920x1080. If you select "Full screen" the monitor should change to
1920x1080. I prefer "Windowed" so I can switch easily to other aspects of the Mac. You may have to go into preferences for your screen and select "More"
The Mac defaults to a lower resolution.

I have posted workarounds in general forum on High Sierra 10.13.* and playing the AI and HotSeat game saving.

I hope this helps

Return to “Commander - Europe at War : Tech Support”