How do I fix this?

Tech support for Commander Europe at War. Requires forum registration.

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

Itlnprd1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

How do I fix this?

Post by Itlnprd1 »

Hello,

I have always used multiple Macs when I play I.E one in my office another at home to play the game. But I just noticed when I start a game on one computer it won't let me continue on the other one it states the password is wrong, any ideas?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: How do I fix this?

Post by zakblood »

maybe one is a older one?

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 58&t=79395

pre merge etc?
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Re: How do I fix this?

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

Do you play GS v4.029 using Automatic password?

For automatic password to work the game retrieves some info about the MAC or PC you were sitting on when running your first turn. The next time you open the game it checks vs that value. So you can only play on the SAME PC or MAC with automatic password.

Do you have High Sierra installed on your MAC? If yes, then you must use automatic password since the edit box function in Java 1.4.2 doesn't work as wanted anymore in MAC High Sierra. So we had to rewrite the code where the game uses such a Java function to retrieve user data by replacing it with automatic retrieval.

If no, then I propose you run With manual passwords so you can type it every turn as you were used to.

To fix the High Sierra issue permanently one would need to upgrade the old Java code to a newer version, but that means having to rewrite a big part of the entire CEAW code. That is not really worth the effort. One can say that the CEAW code is now nearing its lifecycle end. It works on Windows 10, but who knows when Windows 11 (or whatever it will be called) comes out?

This is why we're calling this version of GS v4.0 for the final version.

Return to “Commander - Europe at War : Tech Support”