Bug Report - Norway Allies

Tech support for Commander Europe at War. Requires forum registration.

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

Raptor341
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Bug Report - Norway Allies

Post by Raptor341 »

Just have a quick bug report to put in. While playing my first game PBEM as the Allies I invaded Norway in early 1941 at Bergen. However, when moving units off Bergen the hex would change to German controlled again automatically. The same thing also happened at Lilehammer. Normally, it would take effect on the axis turn (I move unit off Lilehammer, changes to axis hex on axis turn with no units around), however on one turn during the winter of 1941 when I moved a unit off it turned right away (Bergen), not allowing me to capture it again right away and my units losing supply. Needless to say this can really effect the game in the north, the only work around being always keeping a unit on any of the resource hexes.

Using 3.1 Think this might have something to do with the simulated axis convoys for Swedish Iron Ore.

Cheers,

Raptor341
duncanr
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: Bug Report - Norway Allies

Post by duncanr »

land units or airunits
Raptor341

Post by Raptor341 »

Land units and air units
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

Earlier we had a aituation where players sent air units to resource hexes in a minor power to prevent these from changing side when the minor power is conquered. This was typically done in Norway and France. That meant the Germans had to take these cities by movement.

So we introduced the rule where air units leaving a resource hex in a conquered country until USA enters the war will have the hex reverted back to the capital owner unless the hex is adjacent to a land unit as well.

That worked well to get rid of the exploit. However some players like to liberate Norway in 1941 when Germany is heavily involved in Russia. If they do this before USA has joined the Allies the Allied player risks losing the liberated cities if they were occupied by air units rebasing from The resource hex.

I’ve now updated the rules so this can only happen in 1939 and 1940. Usually the Allies won’t have the strength to try a counter attack on the Axis in 1940 so normal play won’t be affected.

The update is made in GS v3.20

Return to “Commander - Europe at War : Tech Support”