Help re-installing 3.1

Tech support for Commander Europe at War. Requires forum registration.

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

Spudsie74
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Help re-installing 3.1

Post by Spudsie74 »

I am trying to install the 3.1 version after reinstalling my OS. I have Windows 7, & all required hardware. I own the original EAW game (1.0 release from Matrix). Up till now, the game has run well on this PC with this OS; I'm at a loss. I can't seem to install it properly. :oops:

What updates do I need to add, and what directory does the Grand Strategy (Gold) (Updates 2.0, 3.0, 3.1) go into? I have tried several times, and the game will not run.

So far, I have tried installing 1.0, 1.12, 2.0, 3.0, & 3.1, as well as 1.0, 1.12, 3.0, 3.1. I have put the "gold" part in the main directory, and the Slitherine directory...still no go.

All the updates I downloaded except one were labeled "Matrix," but the 1.12 - 2.0 said, "Slitherine." Does this matter, or are all updates equal? :?:
Spudsie74

Re: Help re-installing 3.1

Post by Spudsie74 »

OOPS!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thanks to the "help," on this forum, I found a case where someone asked the same question. Should have seen it before, but missed it. Good search engine! Thank you, Stauffenberg, et. al. The game works fine now. :mrgreen:
baboon81uk
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by baboon81uk »

For anyone else who ends up here, this is the link to the thread:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... ll#p508455

and for very lazy people like me, here's a summary :)

"I have the original Commander Europe at War. I have just installed it again after not having it on my computer for a long time. It seems from reading here that the upgrade path to 3.1 is install game from CD, upgrade to 1.12, upgrade to 2.10, upgrade to 3.0, upgrade to 3.1? Where do I find the 1.12 download? Also can someone confirm this is the correct way to do this or is there an FAQ for it? Thanks much!"

"Here is a link for what appears to be all the relevant downloads http://www.matrixgames.com/products/344/downloads/"

Slitherine response:
"If you have already the Commander Europe at War version 1.12, you only need to update with 3.1."
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

You'll have to install 3.0 and then upgrade to 3.11.

Return to “Commander - Europe at War : Tech Support”