Mac Tech Support

Tech support for Commander Europe at War. Requires forum registration.

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mac Tech Support

Post by IainMcNeil »

We are happy to help with any tech support queries related to the purchase process and serial numbers but if you have any issues with the game itself the official tech support forum is at Freverse http://freeverse.com/support

You can post your queries here, but the dev team wont be able to see your questions or respond to them so getting support will take much longer than if you posted them direct to the Freeverse forum.
Last edited by IainMcNeil on Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
schno005
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by schno005 »

and that link is dead...
pk867
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by pk867 »

Hi,

Up in the right-hand corner click on the support link that will take you to the support page.
schno005

Post by schno005 »

Thanks. My real question is how do I find my saved files to send for PBEM. Seems simple but can't find them.
pk867
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by pk867 »

Hi,
With the Mac application they are inside the package. Select the application and right click to show package contents.
This will open a finder window with a folder 'Contents'.
This path - /Contents/Resources/CEAW.app. Perform another Show package contents on CEAW.app and open

/Contents/ will now see the pbem folder that is where the game file will be. To make it easier create an alias of pbem and place it on your desktop.

This is where you place your pbem file and retrieve it to email to your opponent.

pk867
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Sorry - the link had a . on the end breaking it. Fixed but hopefully your question is now answered?
sagittaemacguy
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Mac Version GS Not Advancing Turn During Allied Phase

Post by sagittaemacguy »

Hello I have:

Commander Europe At War version 1.06 with the update from Freeverse installed and working. (Latest Available)

Grand Strategy - latest download installed shows 2.00.11b in "About", Splash screen says 1.12GS c2.00

Used under Mac OS X 10.6.6 and 10.7.3 both with 4GB RAM on a MacBook Pro 2010 version and iMac 2008.

Issue: After finishing my turn the computer AI takes control of the Allies and stalls never completes the turn, force quit only way out.

I'v tried: : Low and High Settings, Windowed and Fullscreen, Music and Sound Effects off, Force Load as 32 bit - same result each time.

Can anyone help? I love this game but 1 turn and out seems pretty bad.

Thanks, Rob
Games Played: Commander Europe at War (GS), Commander Napoleon at War, Unity of Command, Battle Academy
pk867
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: Mac Tech Support

Post by pk867 »

Hi
I am guessing this is the 1939 scenario? What turn is the game at? What side are you playing? Do you have the latest updates for 10.6 and 10.7 for java and security updates?

To ensure you have a complete install you should download the combo installer from Apple. Incremental updates that are done can be or con not be complete.
sagittaemacguy

Post by sagittaemacguy »

pk867 wrote:Hi
I am guessing this is the 1939 scenario? What turn is the game at? What side are you playing? Do you have the latest updates for 10.6 and 10.7 for java and security updates?

To ensure you have a complete install you should download the combo installer from Apple. Incremental updates that are done can be or con not be complete.
Playing the 1942 Scenario as the Axis. Latest updates installed, combo used, tested on two different Macs! Both are 10.7 though. Game starts at May 28th. I complete my turn, the Allies perform combat, then nothing. I've let it go to an hour and it never returns to my next turn. Just the hourglass and my CPU is busy with the game according to Activity Monitor. I've played it under "Low" and "High" graphics, windowed and fullscreen. Under Mac OS X 10.7.2(3) and now 10.7.4.
This is the Grand Strategy 1.12 v 2.00
Games Played: Commander Europe at War (GS), Commander Napoleon at War, Unity of Command, Battle Academy
sagittaemacguy

Post by sagittaemacguy »

Oh I have ask tried running it in 32bit mode and 64bit mode, same issue.
pk867
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by pk867 »

Hi does the original Mac version CEAW play against the AI?

I will check this out when I get home v2.00 1942 scenario.
pk867
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by pk867 »

Hi,

I was able to play a couple of turns against the AI. v2.00 1942 scenario as the Axis. I had no problems, but then I play Multiplayer PBEM.

Windowed, music and sound off, Hi memory setting.

Mac OS X 10.7.4 MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core i5 8 Gig of Ram.

I know some bugs and slow running of the game is fixed in v2.10 . That may help when released.

I need some more info for me to help you if I can.

How about these questions-

After copying CEAW Grand Strategy.app to your Applications folder, when you launched the game did it ask you what Language to play in?

Did folder "CEAW Grand Strategy 2.0" was created in your Documents folder?

Do you have Java SE 6 installed?
sagittaemacguy

Post by sagittaemacguy »

pk867 wrote:Hi,

I was able to play a couple of turns against the AI. v2.00 1942 scenario as the Axis. I had no problems, but then I play Multiplayer PBEM.

Windowed, music and sound off, Hi memory setting.

Mac OS X 10.7.4 MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core i5 8 Gig of Ram.

I know some bugs and slow running of the game is fixed in v2.10 . That may help when released.

I need some more info for me to help you if I can.

How about these questions-

After copying CEAW Grand Strategy.app to your Applications folder, when you launched the game did it ask you what Language to play in?

Did folder "CEAW Grand Strategy 2.0" was created in your Documents folder?

Do you have Java SE 6 installed?
Yes, it asked the language when launched - always does.
Yes, the folder was created in documents.
From terminal :
Robs-MacBook-Pro:~ rob$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_31"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_31-b04-415-11M3635)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.6-b01-415, mixed mode)
sagittaemacguy

Post by sagittaemacguy »

Any word on CEaW Grand 2.1 release date - for Mac? I know the installers were being worked on from the forums......
pk867
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by pk867 »

v2.1 should be soon.

As for you having an issue playing against the AI, your setup is basically the same as mine. I do not understand why your game hangs.
sagittaemacguy

Post by sagittaemacguy »

The recent Java update seems to have stopped the issue. I can play through the scenario now without hanging on the Allied turn (at least in the 3 games since)
Nelson05
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Nelson05 »

I recently purchased this game for Mac 2 weeks ago, and freeverse have not contacted me for a registration number. Slitherine are helping me, but ultimately they have been unable hear back from freeverse as well. I was not made aware of this before or when I purchased this game and I paid good money to play this game and I would like some help as to how to get my registration number. Also I bought the download version, but If I purchased the hard copy of the game would I still have this problem?
Dschinn

Post by Dschinn »

Hi,

i recall that i had installed the Commander Trial some time ago but was not satisfied. I saw today that there is a huge update, Grand Strategy 2.1 and wanted to give the Core Game (1.06) another try. After starting the Splash Screen says trial complete. Is there a posability to reset the Demo? And if i click on Buy i will be directed to a 404 Page at freeverse. :(
please help.
Kind Regards
Dschinn

Post by Dschinn »

??? pls help
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Unfortunately Freeverse don't really exist any more. We've been trying to get hold of a DRM free version from the parent company but its been hard going. We don't have something that plays nicely with GS at the moment. If you install to the App folder then it wont work. You can to install to the desktop. There were also issues related to GS not recognizing the non DRM version and not running. We're not comfortable with that due to the tech support issues its likely to cause.

If we can sort it out we'll get the version up for sale at our site.

Return to “Commander - Europe at War : Tech Support”