zoom levels

It is 1965 and the US ground war in Vietnam is in full swing. As a US Army commander, wage a counter-insurgency (COIN) war to secure the Ia Drang valley, on the border with Cambodia.
cdcool
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

zoom levels

Post by cdcool »

is there a tweak to increase the zoom out to see more of the map in normal view?
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

Re: zoom levels

Post by Every Single Soldier »

No, we aimed for a balance between the real world (tactical) and the command world (Strategic) :shock:
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

Yes I think that's a needed frustration for the ambience:
the combattant can't see the whole picture, and the commandant can't see the reality.

I'm too some bothered as the two views are not perfect, but if they are made too convenient I guess the game would paradoxically become bothering as it would remove tension.
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

Post by Every Single Soldier »

ERISS wrote:Yes I think that's a needed frustration for the ambience:
the combattant can't see the whole picture, and the commandant can't see the reality.
Exactly the point, otherwise the map would never be used and a critical component of the experience would be lost :shock:
cdcool

Post by cdcool »

Every Single Soldier wrote:
ERISS wrote:Yes I think that's a needed frustration for the ambience:
Exactly the point, otherwise the map would never be used and a critical component of the experience would be lost :shock:
Doesn't make sense to me, if a unit is not spotted you can't see it. The zoomed should be increased as you have the terrain details from a Map of the area.

Return to “Vietnam '65”