Vietnam '65 Major Update is Coming

It is 1965 and the US ground war in Vietnam is in full swing. As a US Army commander, wage a counter-insurgency (COIN) war to secure the Ia Drang valley, on the border with Cambodia.
bott.2
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Vietnam '65 Major Update is Coming

Post by bott.2 »

Will the update include the option to turn off the individual unit response each time they are moved? It becomes too repetitious. Thanks
GrdAdmiral
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by GrdAdmiral »

Vietnam65 wrote:Thanks for you positive comments :)

We are currently also planning V'66 which will be an expansion pack which will include a full campaign and new units, incl inner Alia , Skyraiders, PBR, South Vietnamese militia, Marines, mortars etc etc
What do you think about a personal uniform for the expansion, where you start as an Enlisted draft private, and work your way up? Maybe earning a battlefield commission to 2 Lieutant and then moving up the officer ranks. (^_^) The Tet offensive would be interesting as well. The creation of an airfield base would be cool too. (^_^) Maybe they could allow access to different types of close air support assets (ac-130 gunships, Sabres, phantoms). Perhaps he napalm when dropped could make tiles uncross able for a few turns. That way when being overrun, you can try to defend longer.

Thank you for allowing the feedback.
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

Post by Every Single Soldier »

Good point, forgot to mention it, in the update we have reduced the number of voice confirmtion said considerably :shock:
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

The whole uniform issue and how it ties into the game needs a remodel, currently the only connection is Airstrike capabilities, so working on that :)

In the original design, there was a separate screen for the HQ which was used for reinforcement and air asset management, so where the Airstrike button is, would have been an airfield button. The player would then manage various types of air assets and deploy them to the battlefield as and when ready, thus giving the player various options, not just the F4.
Took it out of V65 as added a third screen and didn't want the game to become too hardcore, but am thinking about introducing in Afghanistan, and then maybe V66 :shock:
GrdAdmiral
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by GrdAdmiral »

I noticed today, the left sleeve cuff has a 2nd Lieutenant gold bar on it. Is this supposed to change to reflect the current rank? It seemed a little out of place, so I thought I would ask to see if this is a bug? Please see the attached screenshot. I play on the IPad with IOS 8.3.
Attachments
Uniform Screenshot
Uniform Screenshot
image.jpg (188.56 KiB) Viewed 7572 times
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

Those are foreign service bars, you get successive gold stripes when you play a certain number of games :)
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

mines full :roll: :wink:
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

Long ago .... :shock:
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

yes, 2 more turns and another ones done now as well :roll: :wink:

running out of space to fit any more medals on, might have to get a new wardrobe soon, as have filled a few jackets
GrdAdmiral
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by GrdAdmiral »

Vietnam65 wrote:Those are foreign service bars, you get successive gold stripes when you play a certain number of games :)
Cool. Thanks for the information. I feel really stupid now. :)
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

Not at all, really appreciate it when users take the effort to give feedback/input :)
Front242man
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Front242man »

Thank you for being so active as the Game Creator/Publisher in this forum. Outstanding support. VERY happy to play this game.

Any thoughts as to when the patch will be released? (I looked through this thread but didn't see it)

Thanks

CSH
Atlanta
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

Thanks for the support :)

The development of the update is complete, now we need to get the channels onboard (IOS,Steam), so I can't give exact dates but will be soon....
Mylo42
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Mylo42 »

The instant the update is available for iPad, I will be buying this game.

The Vietnam war needed a fresh and innovative approach to wargaming, force on force battle just doesn't cut it. It would appear that Vietnam '65 is well on it's way to delivering. Kudos to all those responsible, I expect Vietnam '65 to be on my 'favorites' list.

Please keep on the path of creating a PLAYABLE game that immerses the gamer in the Vietnam war theme and 'feel'.

Myles
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

Look forward to your feedback on the game, will be out soon.... :)
Mylo42

Post by Mylo42 »

As far as terrain goes, I don't see elevation changes being represented either on the map or game play. Where are the hills ?
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

Did have hills in the original game spec, took them out due to technical difficulties in elevating terrain and the movement/placement of units. Will be in next iterations of the franchise :)
Mylo42

Post by Mylo42 »

Given this fact, V65 may have leant itself well to more of a focus on the Mekong delta, coastal areas, maybe some urban....terrain that has....well.....less hills then the Ia Drang.

I do like that a technical limitation was realized, and instead of including some sort of hills that simply don't work, or are buggy, they were left out altogether. Good decision.
Rams30

Post by Rams30 »

How is the update progressing? Any ETA yet? The updates and upgrades look great.
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

Development is completed, need to submit to App Store/Steam for publishing, shouldn't be much longer :)

Return to “Vietnam '65”