Enemy movement / contacts

It is 1965 and the US ground war in Vietnam is in full swing. As a US Army commander, wage a counter-insurgency (COIN) war to secure the Ia Drang valley, on the border with Cambodia.
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

Enemy movement / contacts

Post by Every Single Soldier »

This is an important point, when VC are involved in a contact they will allways disban, they lose cohesion as they are not regular forces, the running away is just an animation, which I think I am going to take out as players seem to get frustrated at they think the VC actually move like that in the game, which is not the case.

The NVA on the other hand , when successful in combat retreat to the west, regroup and then continue on the original mission.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Enemy movement / contacts

Post by zakblood »

this should be made into a sticky :idea:
gunny_slith
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by gunny_slith »

Vietnam65 wrote:This is an important point, when VC are involved in a contact they will allways disban, they lose cohesion as they are not regular forces, the running away is just an animation, which I think I am going to take out as players seem to get frustrated at they think the VC actually move like that in the game, which is not the case.

The NVA on the other hand , when successful in combat retreat to the west, regroup and then continue on the original mission.
This seems logical. Good to know I can patrol for Nva units I have lost contact with. VC can be ghostly anyways.
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

Post by Every Single Soldier »

Pesky little buggers .... :shock:

Return to “Vietnam '65”