Really enjoying this game....

It is 1965 and the US ground war in Vietnam is in full swing. As a US Army commander, wage a counter-insurgency (COIN) war to secure the Ia Drang valley, on the border with Cambodia.
jack54
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Really enjoying this game....

Post by jack54 »

Hi Everybody,

I must say I am 'really' enjoying this game. Actually exceeded expectations on so many levels. (Once I can name my units and the villages get random names 'I will never ask for anything again'.) :roll:

I had a couple of decisive victories on regular then got clobbered on Veteran. I then tried a regular game with some house rules, I bought no cobras or armor, I added no units if I had less than 5000 Political points.

I managed a 54pt Victory with a 16 US casualty rate vs. 17 VC, 5 NVA. I was unable to visit 4 villages. Held my breath with every chopper sortie... Fun!

Thanks again!
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Really enjoying this game....

Post by zakblood »

well as they say, practice makes perfect and with this each map is different, some easier than others tbh as well, base placement and roads are almost key to most battles and victories, bus as not one way wins all, there is a few ways to win, and each map takes a different one, but i'd guess when enough do it, there will be more than 4 ways :wink:

glad you like it, and sometimes a loss is as good as a win, as you see what hopefully went wrong and aim to do better next time and learn by it, so it's trail and error until mastered, and even then it's a challenge
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

Re: Really enjoying this game....

Post by Every Single Soldier »

Glad to hear you are enjoying it :)

Unit and vil names will follow ....

Return to “Vietnam '65”