Feedback from Testing

It is 1965 and the US ground war in Vietnam is in full swing. As a US Army commander, wage a counter-insurgency (COIN) war to secure the Ia Drang valley, on the border with Cambodia.
steveshaw
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Feedback from Testing

Post by steveshaw »

Dear All,

Here is my feedback from testing, I sent it originally by email, but I was told it should be posted on the forum:-

Apologies for being so tardy in giving feedback on the game. I am on holiday in rural Australia and internet access has been difficult to come by. I have tried out 1.05 for about 20 hours now and thought it appropriate to write.

The game seems well put together with no serious defects and highly appropriate for tablet gaming, I am sure it will be a great success, especially for those for whom Vietnam is merely history (some of us still remember Vietnam being on the six o'clock news every night).

There are some observations worth making:

1. The game seems very power hungry. I started at 100% charge on my iPad 3 this morning and have kept the iPad plugged into the mains since then. Despite the power supply the iPad has now dropped to 65% after 5 hours solid play. My iPad is now an "old" machine and perhaps newer machines manage power more robustly.

2. There is no "Save and Continue" option on the menu. If one is temporarily interrupted and wants to make sure that nothing is lost since the last end of game turn, then a save button would be very handy.

3. It is sometimes difficult to select a hex to order a unit to move to. This is especially true if the otherwise empty hex is overshadowed by helicopter blades. Zooming in often gets round this irritation, but not always.

4. Under "Help" the "US Ops" and "US Forces" buttons go to the same help file about US troops. Probably "US Ops" needs to be changed.

5. The emergency airdrop does not work for the US M48. This means that the tank can get into a position where it is doomed. This is particularly true if the engineering vehicle it relies on for supply is unexpectedly destroyed in an ambush.

6. The game would be as much fun if the human plays the North Vietnamese side. I am sure that everybody has suggested this.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Steve.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Feedback from Testing

Post by zakblood »

thanks for the report, but please post all feedback in the beta forum thanks

Return to “Vietnam '65”