Tens of New Units to Steel Legion and All Space Marines

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Tens of New Units to Steel Legion and All Space Marines

Post by deranzo »

I've developed new mod contains tens new units to Steel Legion tens of new units to all Space Marine chapters in the game.

- 99% of sounds are renewed from various sources over internet.
- Some new units have new attacking animations.
- All Steel Legion and Space Marines' healths are increased 1 point. Some heavy/super heavy vehicles/walkers/titans helaths are increased 2-3 points. Defences are same. New units' healths and defences are modified according to original units.
- I've edited some weapons' stats to be more canon-accurate. For example a space marine's bolter was doing very less damage. I simply updated its shot count, so with the space marine's accuracy and abilites it does much more damage.
- Some units are simply remade/re-cut/re-pasted of existing models. For example I've cut Vindicator Demolisher's demolisher cannon and dozer blade and pasted it onto the land raider and after few tweaks to be accurate, I've created Land Raider Ares. So, don't expect completely new skinned units.
- I didn't worked too much to create perfect models, so some same units from different Chapters may seem different in size and shadows.
- Almost all units after Update 1 are taken from various internet sources (mostly from GW and Forgeworld), so they may not seem perfectly blended in units.
- You know units have 6 different facing directions in the game but some units I've found over internet had only 1 or 2 facing directions so, you will see only 1-2 facing directions for some units.

UPDATE 1:
Fixed missed image errors, added all Imperial Knights, new dreadnoughts, new Warlord Titan variant, changed some sound effects, added few non-canon units, added 4th weapon to some units (but they are in the game as only with animation, sound effects and damage calculations. They will be in the game with completely reformed gui screens).

UPDATE 2:
Added Adeptus Mechanicus units, added shadows to all base game's airplanes, added Death Company Dreadnought to Blood Angels, added Manticore and Manticore Sky Eagle.

UPDATE 3:
Added Thunderhawk Gunship, Mastodon Heavy Assault Transport, Sicaran Battle Tank, Deredeo Dreadnought, Sicaran Arcus Strike Tank to Blood Angels. Added Mastodon Heavy Assault Transport, Sicaran Punisher Tank, Deredeo Dreadnought to Salamanders. Added Mastodon Heavy Assault Transport, Xiphon Interceptor to Ultramarines. Added Avenger Strike Fighter, Praetor Armored Assault Launcher, Marauder Destroyer, Thunderbolt Heavy Fighter, Voss Pattern Lightning to Steel Legion.

UPDATE 4:
Added Primaris Space Marine infantry, walkers, tanks to every Chapter. Sicaran Battle Tank Variants, Warmonger and Imperator Titan, Fellblade Sanctimonia of Cruer One, Moritat.

UPDATE 5:
Added Adeptus Custodes units.

UPDATE 6:
Added Castellax Battle Automata with Multi-Melta, Castellax Battle Automata with Mauler Bolt Cannon, Thanatar Siege Automata with Hellex Plasma Mortar, Thanatar Calix Siege Automata with Graviton Ram, Knight Armiger, Knight Helverin, Knight Valiant, Knight Castellan.

UPDATE 7:
Added a variant of Warlord Titan with 2 Belicosa Volcannon Cannons and 2 Apocalypse Missile Launchers, Legio Fureans Warlord Titan, Warbringer Nemesis Titan.

UPDATE 8:
Added Adeptus Mechanicus Skorpius Disintegrator, Ultramarines Primaris Impulsor, Ultramarines Invictor Tactical Warsuit, Ultramarines Repulsor Executioner, Blood Angels Leviathan Dreadnought, Knight Acastus Asterius

Installation:
- If you wish to return to normal base game easily, backup these files: "move.whdat" file in "Audio/Move" folder, "Audio/Attack", "Audio/Impact" folders, all "avail... .whdat" files, "unittypes.whdat", "weapons.whdat" files in "data" folder, "attack.whdat" in "Graphics" folder. And for units' models, back up: "Graphics/units", "UI/big_unit_images", "UI/gameview/unit images", "UI/unit_images"
- If you have Salamanders, Ultramarines, Blood Angels DLCs, you should also backup all files with ".whdat" files in "Content/Salamanders/Data", "Content/Ultramarines/Data", "Content/BloodAngels/Data" folders.
- Then unzip all folders into main game folder, accept overwrite and done. I've created folders just like game's actual folder hierarchy, so it shouldn't be problem.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5tvtbr08z0wjx ... ts.7z?dl=0

Some of new units:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by deranzo on Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:11 pm, edited 11 times in total.
it is a good day to die
Parallax
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017

Re: 45 new units to Steel Legion and all Space Marines

Post by Parallax »

In the end, if enough interest comes, I will publish this mod happily
Can't wait to try :oops:
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

Parallax wrote:
In the end, if enough interest comes, I will publish this mod happily
Can't wait to try :oops:
I will post it today, keep in tune.
it is a good day to die
Duriello
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Duriello »

This mod seems awesome, but it keeps crashing my game when i try to view the units on the requsition page :-\

I cant cut/paste the error message, but its most frequent when trying to watch the tank tab.
Duriello

Post by Duriello »

It fails to load textures for leman russ demolisher plasma 2 png or something
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

Duriello wrote:It fails to load textures for leman russ demolisher plasma 2 png or something
Sorry for uploading with missed unit graphics. Error should pass if you do this:
find the file "leman_russ_exterminator_2_plasma_cannon2.png" in the "Graphics/Units" folder. copy and paste that to "UI/unit_images" and done.
it is a good day to die
Duriello

Post by Duriello »

Already tried that to no avail, still crashes when trying to enter the tank screen :-(

I think its the same for the spez merines aswell but not sure

Edit: Tried the fix but still get this msg

http://imgur.com/a/5Z2K1
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

Duriello wrote:Already tried that to no avail, still crashes when trying to enter the tank screen :-(

I think its the same for the spez merines aswell but not sure

Edit: Tried the fix but still get this msg

http://imgur.com/a/5Z2K1
I've uploaded new version. Please download that.
it is a good day to die
Duriello

Post by Duriello »

Downloaded and tried it, got the same error :cry:

Gonna delete the game and do a reinstall, see if that fixes things
Duriello

Post by Duriello »

Did a full reinstall of the game with dlc`s, followed instructions to the point, installed the version you uploaded today, still the same issue...

Sad panda :(
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

Duriello wrote:Did a full reinstall of the game with dlc`s, followed instructions to the point, installed the version you uploaded today, still the same issue...

Sad panda :(
weird. still lemon russ plasma cannon error?
it is a good day to die
Duriello

Post by Duriello »

Yeah.. :(
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

Updated version with free of missing file errors, lots of more new units, weapon 4 added for most of new units.
it is a good day to die
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Re: Tens of New Units to Steel Legion and All Space Marines

Post by deranzo »

I have uploaded new version of this mod. Changes are written under UPDATE 2.
it is a good day to die
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

UPDATE 3 has uploaded.
it is a good day to die
Nalsurv
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Nalsurv »

Hi. Nice mod. But I have an error with the marauder.
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

Nalsurv wrote:Hi. Nice mod. But I have an error with the marauder.
Yes, sorry about that. Fixed.
There are one short and one long fix:
1- Please download it again.
2- Change the name of related marauder destroyer unit name to marauder_destroyer202 in "UI\unit_images". And change the name of related marauder destroyer unit name to marauder_destroyer2 in "UI\gameview\unit images".
it is a good day to die
airbornemongo101
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by airbornemongo101 »

Getting an error message when I try to donwload
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Always remember, Never Forget:

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

airbornemongo101 wrote:Getting an error message when I try to donwload
Yeah sorry for that. I will upload it again. But I can't right now because of being in another place. Please check it again after 15.00 (according to forum hour)
it is a good day to die
airbornemongo101

Post by airbornemongo101 »

K..thx
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Always remember, Never Forget:

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5

Return to “Mods and Scenario Design”