Re-scaling and Unit Overhaul Mod

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

nosebleednz
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re-scaling and Unit Overhaul Mod

Post by nosebleednz »

EDIT:

Ok so i have had a snag with the Re-sizing of the hex squares. Unfortunately there are a few aspects of the game that cannot be modified without diving deep.

I cannot seem to locate any edit file/s to change the "read" size of the strplates. So they are offset and if i try to re-size them the game doesn't seem to want to read them.(which is strange because they show up in the editor just fine???)

The strength bars are a similar issue and also the fog.

So... I have to resort to just re-sizing the units instead. Which is a little annoying as i would have like to keep the spacings wider so the titans dont overlap the surrounding units.

A little unfortunate on the buildings sizes as well as they were looking much better as the infantry actually looked placed in them rather than them just being a backdrop.

My job is a crap load easier now, but i would love to see if the slitherine boys would give insight on these details.

Here's another sample of what the simpler version will look like.
Last edited by nosebleednz on Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
kazeko
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Re-scaling and Unit Overhaul Mod

Post by kazeko »

Well holy shit, that's awesome! How do you go about rescaling those? I'm asking to see if its something my 0 experience can help with :P
nosebleednz

Post by nosebleednz »

kazeko wrote:Well holy shit, that's awesome! How do you go about rescaling those? I'm asking to see if its something my 0 experience can help with :P
I'm probably are past the point of getting help now bro, but thank anyways! But heres the run down of what I've done...

Everything is done through the "tileset.whdat" file to start with. To adjust the hexwidth, height, unit size width, unit offset etc.

I doubled the Hex size to 448*512. The problem is most of the Tile dimensions are at 256*256 and once the hex size is adjusted, the Tiles are too small to fill the hex.

So... i had to resize the image of each Tile so that they sit in their Hex' respectively, just doubling the size of each image. Which looks a good imo, as the buildings get bigger without looking pixilated(is that a word? lol) and the units stay the same size.

For the unit sizes i set them at 768*768 to account for the Titans, and had to adjust every effn one of the 2700 odd files to that size.(canvas only)

Only problem is the infantry units look a little bare (yarrick above) in the bigger hex'. So the next step is to adjust each unit (conscripts above) to make the battle field look a little more filled out. And also re-sizing the actual unit size to a relative size to their scale.

I am still having an issue with the strength bars and the flags. I cant seem to adjust them in anyway. In the Editor they look fine but in game they are offset to the left of each tile. If anyone can give me some insight to which file i may need to dive into that'd be great.
Cataphract88
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Cataphract88 »

Very impressive. Good luck with your mod. :)
Richard
kazeko

Post by kazeko »

nosebleednz wrote:
kazeko wrote:Well holy shit, that's awesome! How do you go about rescaling those? I'm asking to see if its something my 0 experience can help with :P
I'm probably are past the point of getting help now bro, but thank anyways! But heres the run down of what I've done...

Everything is done through the "tileset.whdat" file to start with. To adjust the hexwidth, height, unit size width, unit offset etc.

I doubled the Hex size to 448*512. The problem is most of the Tile dimensions are at 256*256 and once the hex size is adjusted, the Tiles are too small to fill the hex.

So... i had to resize the image of each Tile so that they sit in their Hex' respectively, just doubling the size of each image. Which looks a good imo, as the buildings get bigger without looking pixilated(is that a word? lol) and the units stay the same size.

For the unit sizes i set them at 768*768 to account for the Titans, and had to adjust every effn one of the 2700 odd files to that size.(canvas only)

Only problem is the infantry units look a little bare (yarrick above) in the bigger hex'. So the next step is to adjust each unit (conscripts above) to make the battle field look a little more filled out. And also re-sizing the actual unit size to a relative size to their scale.

I am still having an issue with the strength bars and the flags. I cant seem to adjust them in anyway. In the Editor they look fine but in game they are offset to the left of each tile. If anyone can give me some insight to which file i may need to dive into that'd be great.

Afaik the weapon animations have a fixated location on the hex, so lets say a rescaled reraver titan would have it's firing effects somewhere between the legs now, and obstruct them, or have you found a way to readjust their position?

The parts or the UI might be hard coded, but that is something you are better off inquiring directly to Lordz, as no one dabbled with those modding wise.

All in all this looks marvelous, the scale really reminds of Final Liberation.
nosebleednz

Post by nosebleednz »

kazeko wrote:

Afaik the weapon animations have a fixated location on the hex, so lets say a rescaled reraver titan would have it's firing effects somewhere between the legs now, and obstruct them, or have you found a way to readjust their position?

The parts or the UI might be hard coded, but that is something you are better off inquiring directly to Lordz, as no one dabbled with those modding wise.

All in all this looks marvelous, the scale really reminds of Final Liberation.

The weapon animations can be adjusted via the Editor. Though the impact animation might be fixed in relation to the firing animations.

After resize, then after the adjustment

Return to “Mods and Scenario Design”