stats crunching thread for remaining 11 tau units

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

pizzagrenadier
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

stats crunching thread for remaining 11 tau units

Post by pizzagrenadier »

hey guys:

unfortunately forum member Dayta hasn't answered my messages for a while, he is either burned out on stats or lost interest in the game. i have waited long enough.

there are only 11 unique tau units left. all graphics were done long ago. just need the stats. i need help from the community to finish this thing up.

here are the units left :

barracuda, commander darkstrider, ethereal, gun drone squad, razershark, remora stealth fighter drones, sniper drone squad, sun shark, tetra, tiger shark, vespid.

note:

1. commander darkstrider is a unique hero unit. i envision to make him a buffed regular pathfinder unit with camo perk , since he is an infiltration expert. graphically i put him into a group of very awesomely painted unique looking pathfinder models.

2. ethereal is technically not a hero unit, but according to lore you can only have 1 in each army. anyway, i basically put a group of very cool looking tau honor guards ( elite fire warriors ) along with ethereal to make up the unit graphics. so when you guys do stats for this unit, just consider this unit to be some kind of buffed elite fire warriors ( with lower unit strength ), maybe with a melee weapon, ( honor guards and ethereal both have honor blades ) .

when you do stats follow this format ( just like the tyranid thread ) :

units

## requisition cost , ## unit strength, ## hit points, ## defense ( armor ), ## initiate, ## unit type ( infantry, tank, artillery etc ) ,
## movement type, ## movement range, ## spot range, ## melee accuracy, ## ranged accuracy, ## traits, ## what weapons they use

weapons

##range, ## strength, ## armor penetration, ## number of shots, ## base accuracy, ## accuracy penalty per hex, ## traits

if there are variants feel free to make their stats. btw, if you guys think that i missed some obscure units , feel free to mention them here, i will see if i can add them.

also when you do stat for these 11 units , make sure you reference the stats of those existing completed tau units, to work within that frame work.

thank you all, and lets make a push and finish this thing!! :D
nosebleednz
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: stats crunching thread for remaining 11 tau units

Post by nosebleednz »

Is this still going?? Suprised to see no replys?

In case your still looking for stats: Darkstrider

Used your Fireblade as a reference to make Darkstrider as they have the same weapons and attributes bar "Sv" . Recon armour(darkstrider) vs combat armour(Fireblade).

500 requisition cost , 25 unit strength, 1 hit points, 35 defense ( armor ), 12 initiative, 2 unit type, 1 movement type, 4 movement range, 4 spot range, 50 melee accuracy, 85 ranged accuracy

Explaination

I've given Darkstrider better movement and less defense because of the recon armour.

Traits
Fight in Foot: Can only fight with Pathfinders or Fire Warriors
Outflank: Camo. Also the reason for high intiative and movement.
Scout: Reason for high Spot Range
Supporting Fire: Support trait.

Weapons
Pules Rifles,
Markerlight( probably too hard to implement but maybe the terror trait with no damage??)
Photon Grenades

All from Codex. Hope this helps.
pizzagrenadier

Post by pizzagrenadier »

awesome thanks!

darkstrider uses pulse rifle not pulse carbine?
nosebleednz

Post by nosebleednz »

Sorry, Pulse Carbine is Correct :)

Let me know if you need help with the rest.

Would love to see these added! The more the merrier!!

Also there's a good Commander Farsight on the GW webby. (if you're interested)
pizzagrenadier

Post by pizzagrenadier »

well, since no one else has submitted any stats, if you can finish the rest of the 10 units that would be great ! :D

much appreciated!!
nosebleednz

Post by nosebleednz »

Don't have any info on Tetra or Tshark sorry bud.

#KEY
Req, UnitStr, HitP, Def, Int, Type, MoveType, Range, Spot, Melee, Ranged, Weap (trait)

Ethereal 450 5 3 40 10 0 0 3 4 30 65 Honor Blade, with what ever you decide for additional troops (character,)
Gun Drone Squad 300 12 1 35 5 1 1 3 3 20 30 Twinlinked Pulse carb(support)
Razorshark 600 6 3 65 6 9 12 3 2 0 70 Burst Cannon, Quad Ion Turret, Two Seeker Missiles (none)
Remora stealth 375 15 1 50 5 1 1 4 3 15 90 Burst Cannon(support)
Sniper drone 350 12 1 35 5 1 1 4 3 20 80 Longshot Pulse Rifle, (camo, support)
Sun Shark 600 6 3 65 15 9 12 3 2 0 60 Pulse Bomb, Missile Pod, Two Seeker Missiles(support,
Tetra???
Tiger Shark???
Vespid 300 22 2 35 15 1 1 6 3 35 70 Neutron Blaster(camo)

Feel Free to mess around with the finer details as it was quite difficult to figure out a formula to go off.
pizzagrenadier

Post by pizzagrenadier »

awesome , thanks man! :D

barracuda stats missing.

also need stats on some of the weapons you listed:

Honor blade ( i will also give ethereal regular pulse rifle for this bodyguards )

Twinlinked Pulse carbines ( what we have now is all single pulse carbine, i think )

Quad Ion Turret

Longshot Pulse Rifle , is that the same as rail rifle? that we have right now.

Pulse Bomb

Neutron Blaster

if anyone else knows the stats of tetra and tiger shark, feel free to post them.
nosebleednz

Post by nosebleednz »

Sorry no go on the Barracuda either bro.

Honor Blade: Range 0-0, Accuracy 100%, AccPHex (irrelevant), Str 45, AP 0, Shot 2, Ammo 10

Twinlinked Pulse carbines: (Just double the amount of shots as Pulse Carbine)

Quad Ion Turret: Range 1-5, Accuracy 80%, AccPHex -10, Str 75, AP 40, Shot 12(not sure on this, the single has three shots and this is a quad? lowered acc just incase) , Ammo 10

Longshot Pulse Rifle: Range 2-4, Accuracy 100%, AccPHex -10, Str 40, AP 25, Shot 2, Ammo 10 - (rapidfire)

Pulse Bomb: Range 0-1, Accuracy 90%, AccPHex -20, Str 45, AP 25, Shot 1, Ammo 10

Neutron Blaster: Range 0-1, Accuracy 100%, AccPHex -10, Str 40, AP 40, Shot 1, Ammo 10
pizzagrenadier

Post by pizzagrenadier »

awesome thanks dude!! :D

someone else please post the stats of remaining 3 units: barracuda , tetra and tiger shark, then we can finally finish the entire tau army!

i will get started on the assembly of those 8 units, pretty busy these days, but if things go smoothly , those 8 units will be released in roughly 2 weeks.

WOOT !! :D 8)

Return to “Mods and Scenario Design”