Death Korps of Krieg and other additions W.I.P

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

Valad
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Death Korps of Krieg and other additions W.I.P

Post by Valad »

Yes, no problem. PM sent.

I likely wasn't going to use it myself anyway after playing around with it in game, not entirely happy with the angles. Hopefully I can find better source pics so I can update it.
Malcador
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Malcador »

Have you guys thought of creating a Siege of Vraks campaign?

You could use Death Korps (and later the existing Astartes assets) and then creating a Renegade militia faction shouldn't be too difficult, considering they mainly use Leman Russes and other IG assets.
Valad

Post by Valad »

Malcador wrote:Have you guys thought of creating a Siege of Vraks campaign?

Would like to, but I really can't start thinking about working on anything else at the moment. Death korps need a lot of fleshing out still also as I have done with the existing guard units, such as 3 or 4 different regular squads with different support weapons. And to be honest I wouldn't be happy just re-colouring existing guard infantry to make the chaos units, so those would end up being a lot of work.
kazeko

Post by kazeko »

Let's not forget that Vraks featured a rather different color palette of brown. which would require a hefty hexes re texturing.
Valad

Post by Valad »

I'm going to need one tester at some point soonish to test the original campaign. Lots of changes to each campaign battle to incorporate the new work and balancing. I do test myself but it's always good to have a second opinion on balance.

One tester only. Someone who knows at least some about 40k outside of this game. Willing to test rather than play, writing down their opinion on the balancing of a certain scenario, points costs etc. It should never be a cake walk even on normal difficulty (which is what I test on), so I'll certainly need to know if you found the challenge lacking in a particular mission.

Respond here or send a pm, I'll pm whoever I choose to do the testing.
kazeko

Post by kazeko »

Sadly my spare time has been very inconsistent lately. Testing it under these circumstances wouldn't do the work any justice. :[
Valad

Post by Valad »

kazeko wrote:Sadly my spare time has been very inconsistent lately. Testing it under these circumstances wouldn't do the work any justice. :[
Well, it's not like it's a job and there's a deadline. Whomever takes on the task won't be pressured to have it done in days or even weeks. I'm not rushing myself, and even with the campaign done and tested there is still more to work on. I'm currently about half through rebuilding chapter one of the main campaign, testing and adjusting and re-playing to see if a certain mission I lost is even possible to beat (I've even lost one of the very first missions on normal, but beat it second try). Hoping to have a tester waiting for when chapter one is ready.

Overall, so far it's now a much more hectic, challenging and tense campaign. Far more enjoyable IMO, and a lot less rushing to win in a paltry 13 turns. Unfortunate I can't rebuild and release the DLC campaigns.
Kayel Dee
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Kayel Dee »

wow...looks so cool...cant wait to play
allow me to reiterate...im REALLY looking forward to this
Last edited by Kayel Dee on Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kayel Dee

Re: Death Korps of Krieg and others additions W.I.P

Post by Kayel Dee »

Valad wrote:Legio Metallica
he he...he said metallica

Return to “Mods and Scenario Design”