Minor adjustments... critiques?

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

juxstapo
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Minor adjustments... critiques?

Post by juxstapo »

Probably not worth starting a new thread but..

How are you guys running your Deathstrikes?
I was very irked at how they performed vs. infantry, so I reversed the attack strength and shots values.
So it's doing 5 damage for 20 shots at 50% armor piercing. Performing exactly the same vs. vehicles, but kills more than a single gretchin in a 50 strong group.

On the Superheavy front: lore wise, the Banehammer, Doomhammer, and Stormlord all have transport capacity right? I don't believe there is any option for making a vehicle a transport in it's own right (without it being attached to and purchased with a certain infantry squad, like just able to load any group of random dudes into something you purchased alone).. so what if you just tacked the Leader tag onto those tanks to simulate the storage space being taken up by HQ elements? I haven't actually done this, just wanted thoughts.

I also gave all my fliers 5 vision... which was probably too much, but honestly... they're flying... and scout bikes could see farther? That actually gave me a reason to take them. I wanted to edit the files to allow them to cross over mountains, and then I would've been satisfied but I couldn't ever quite get it to jive.

Finally, I love the idea/fluff of the Leman Russ Conqueror, but can't quite justify the tradeoff in favor of just 1 more hex movement. Any ideas on addressing this?

Thanks ahead of time for any responses, even if it's just "stfu&rtfm noob!" , like to know people are still playing this.

EDIT: Last one!... tonight at any rate. I wonder just how game breaking it would be to simply have all the "multiple" guns (Vanquisher cannon vs "2 Vanquisher cannons"), simply fire twice as many shots instead of having slightly upped damage... think I'll dink with this one.
EDIT EDIT: Huh.. so if you just take the base weapon and multiply the attacks by however many additional weapons you have... now a Hydra buzzsaws through anything. Almost like my fifteen minute balance pass isn't as refined as the dev's :|
I did give the Battle Cannon 2 shots and drop the Vanquisher down to 1 and am pleased with that... to be frank, I love me some Vanq's, and would've upped my entire Leman Russ collection to that if I hadn't felt it not fluffy enough.
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Re: Minor adjustments... critiques?

Post by deranzo »

Seeing somebdy still tryg to improve Armageddon is very nice.
In logic, if you have two weapons of same weapon, you must do twice damage. But it will be overpowering for some weapons with existing damage mechanic. Even with my new mechanics, I had to modify units' healths and armors throughly and even with that its not very well balanced. You have to test it hundreds of times with various units.
Until 8th edition, weapons with twin prefix were only more accurate than singular ones. In 8th edition all weapons with twin prefixes are do twce the damage. So, you can try my 8th edition mod and modify them as you wish. You can use it as a reference rather then starting from zero.
it is a good day to die
juxstapo

Re: Minor adjustments... critiques?

Post by juxstapo »

Ah man! My house caught on fire Dec 2nd and I had to move, otherwise I would've been right on top of this.
I'm now all over your 8th Edition mod! Really appreciate all the work

Return to “Mods and Scenario Design”