Frontline: The Longest Day Bugs still not fixed

dbaird521
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Frontline: The Longest Day Bugs still not fixed

Post by dbaird521 »

Slithering,

I have been trying to play Frontline: The Longest Day but have been having serious issues with Sword/Juno Beach Scenario. I noticed that I am having the exact same issues that were reported by Kull back on 17 April 2015! Actually I have experience all the problems that Kull describes in his post throughout the game. Back on 27 April 2016, Joe Miller, of Slitherine replied that "the developers are aware of most of these issues and are working on a patch which will fix these. This should be out within the next month. I'll ensure that the developers have made a note of the issues you have listed here. Again, sorry that we have taken so long to get this out, but the developers are working on this."

Ummm...that was well over a year ago and the same issues are still present! Did the Slitherine developers actually get the message? Was anything actually done to correct the issues? Doesn't look like it...and it's August 2016! PLEASE get this fixed.

Issues I am currently having:

1. You cannot kill (or even attack) the artillery unit immediately to the right of the "Franceville" town objective (top of the map, near the beach). It makes conquering this town extremely painful since there is no way to stop it from firing at your troops when they attack the town. The only good news is that it does not fire on it's own, so you can ignore it after you finally conquer the town.

2. Two units in Benouville (originally called this "Grenceville" by mistake): Have both Assault infantry and Nebelwerfer in Benouville.

3. Reloading a saved game restores all the minefields. At least they are visible, but it's really a pain to have to go and clear many of them out again.

4. Sometimes when you supply units the function remains "stuck" on several units for several turns afterwards where the "cost" shows even when supply unit is not selected. There is no way to free it up, and you can't move it or fight with it. Sometimes it frees up at the start of a new turn, but not always. I've had several stay "stuck" for the entire scenario.

5. Unit hits the beach (and can move inland), but the "landing craft" graphic does not go away. Looks ugly (if you have enough funds, send it on a suicide mission and replace it). The same thing happens every now and then to your Sherman tanks (the floating graphic does not change when it hits the beach).
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Frontline: The Longest Day Bugs still not fixed

Post by zakblood »

thanks, developers are working on a patch to fix the problems mentioned, if you find any more, please re post,

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 25&t=63902
dbaird521

Re: Frontline: The Longest Day Bugs still not fixed

Post by dbaird521 »

Slithering...when can we expect to see the patch?

Return to “Tech Support”