BUG windows taskbar visible

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

borsook79
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

BUG windows taskbar visible

Post by borsook79 »

Using Windows 10, if the taskbar is placed on the side it remains visible while in the game.
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: BUG windows taskbar visible

Post by zakblood »

not a bug as such, more of a windows feature which in some instances etc, doesn't work as designed

you can always hide the taskbar in windows 10

or

Make sure the scaling is set to 100% and then test out the game again. Try opening task manager, locate explorer.exe, right click it, and select reload or restart. The screen will look like its reloading everything, but it should auto hide the task bar again.

you can also get rid of it by,

disabling aero

Right click on the taskbar and go to Properties.
Clear the checkbox for: Use Aero Peek to preview the desktop
Search for "Adjust performance and appearance in Windows" with the Start Menu
Uncheck the boxes that have to do with Aero Peek or Aero (or just check Adjust for best performance which should completely remove any elements of Aero in Windows)
borsook79

Post by borsook79 »

zakblood wrote:not a bug as such, more of a windows feature which in some instances etc, doesn't work as designed

you can always hide the taskbar in windows 10

or

Make sure the scaling is set to 100% and then test out the game again. Try opening task manager, locate explorer.exe, right click it, and select reload or restart. The screen will look like its reloading everything, but it should auto hide the task bar again.

you can also get rid of it by,

disabling aero

Right click on the taskbar and go to Properties.
Clear the checkbox for: Use Aero Peek to preview the desktop
Search for "Adjust performance and appearance in Windows" with the Start Menu
Uncheck the boxes that have to do with Aero Peek or Aero (or just check Adjust for best performance which should completely remove any elements of Aero in Windows)
If the position of the taskbar (horizontal vs vertical) changes this, and this is the only game out of over a thousand I have that does this it does seem to be the game's fault. Sure, I can hide it, or move it to a horizontal position as a workaround, however I should have to.

BTW - the taskbar is hidden during the opening cinematic, only when I get to the game proper it is visible. And reloading Windows explorer does not fix it, as it seems to be something on the game's part, not Windows. Oh, and aero is dead and has not been used since Windows 7, the feature is called Peek now.
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

as it's here, the developers will see it and hopefully reply, but as a work around is here for now, it may or may not be added to the bug tracker, that's up to them, not me

Return to “Tech Support”