[Minor Bug] possible weapon bugs

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

DocDesastro
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

[Minor Bug] possible weapon bugs

Post by DocDesastro »

I tried to compare units and analyze them for making a guide in another section. I realized, that the heavy bolters from the Steel Legion Frie Support Teams have 4 shots each while the ones mounted on chimeras only have 2 shots each. It is the same weapon canon-wise and there are no differences in the 'real' GW games. So...which value is correct? I guess 4 because the team costs the same as the mortar and with only 3 shots it would be worse for same cost. A chimera with 4 shots of heavy bolter would be more useful. Would you please check out? Also, is a weapon is there for multiple times - does the sprite get more attacks? The Hydra AA Tank has 4x Autocannon. If one Autocannon has 2 shots, then logically each sprite would have 8 shots. If values are not correct - will they be changed?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: [Minor Bug] possible weapon bugs

Post by zakblood »

ok post noted and received, but it's upto the developers to comment on it, as it's not something i know about tbh
DocDesastro
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by DocDesastro »

Compared more units: Gorgon also has heavy bolters - four of them and they are rated 4 shots. Stangely the 4 mortars on the gorgon have 4 shots while 1 mortar has 3 (like in the mortar squad). I guess there is some number crunching to do.
Additionally, a Salamander's Autocannon has 3 shots, a Hydra has 4 barrels so 4x autocannon on each tank. But those have only 2 shots each instead of 4x3=12 and even strength and piercing are nerfed by 10% - why? In the Codex books the hydra is not weaker.
nexusno2000
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by nexusno2000 »

Game design choices.

Not actually a reflection of 40k units/wpns.

Also compare a single lascannon with a dbl.

The dbl gets an extra shot, but reduced accuracy.
Green Knight
https://www.youtube.com/c/GreenKnight2001

Return to “Tech Support”