how do I challange for a game

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

dcinlassen
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

how do I challange for a game

Post by dcinlassen »

where do I go to put up a non passworded challange to get an opponent and how is it done..thanks for the help
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: how do I challange for a game

Post by rbodleyscott »

dcinlassen wrote:where do I go to put up a non passworded challange to get an opponent and how is it done..thanks for the help
1) Select "Multiplayer" from the main menu.
2) If the game asks for a username and password, it should be the same as the one you use to log on to this forum.
3) Click on the "My Challenges" tab.
4) Click on the "New Challenge" button.
5) Either pick one of the available historical scenarios or click on the "Create Skirmish" button and set the skirmish parameters the same as for SP.
6) Click on the "Create" button.

After a few seconds your challenge should appear in the list for the "My Challenges" tab.

To set up email notifications, go to www.slitherine.com, click on "My page", set PBEM++ to Yes.

You should then receive an email notification when the challenge is accepted and when it is your turn. There may be a slight delay before the email is sent, however, so you can see the current status of the challenge by looking in "My Challenges" until it has been accepted, and after that in "My Games" > "My Turn" or "Enemy Turn" tabs.

If you have any difficulties post here again.
Richard Bodley Scott

dcinlassen

Post by dcinlassen »

sorry, I am not getting this, I have registered my serial number for the game on the website, am I loading the challange from the game on my computer itself, or from this website to list the challange, I cant find the the challange tabs on the site or on the game menu on my computer...appreciate the help
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

dcinlassen wrote:sorry, I am not getting this, I have registered my serial number for the game on the website, am I loading the challange from the game on my computer itself, or from this website to list the challange, I cant find the the challange tabs on the site or on the game menu on my computer...appreciate the help
You issue challenges within the game.

1) In the main menu of the game, click on the "Multiplayer" button.
2) A dialogue box will appear asking you to sign in. Sign in with the same username and password that you use on this board. (Enter your game serial number first if it asks you to).
3) Click on the "My Challenges" tab.
4) Click on the "New Challenge" button.
5) Either a) Pick a historical scenario and click on the "Create" button.
Or b) Click on the "Create Skirmish" button. Set up the parameters of the Skirmish. Change the campaign if you don't want the challenge to use the default Thirty Years War campaign. Click on the "Create" button. Then click on the "Create" button in the next screen that appears.

You will have set up a challenge that anyone can accept. If you wait a few seconds it will appear in the list under the "My Challenges" tab.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Opponents Wanted”