looking for opponents

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

dcinlassen
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

looking for opponents

Post by dcinlassen »

not sure how this is done, i am kind of confused, but would like to get oppoents for pbem games....any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated

thanks
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: looking for opponents

Post by rbodleyscott »

dcinlassen wrote:not sure how this is done, i am kind of confused, but would like to get oppoents for pbem games....any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated
You don't need to pre-arrange opponents. All you need to do is post a challenge without a password and it will get picked up quite soon. (That is the reason you won't see many non-passworded challenges in the available challenges - they are soon picked up.)
Richard Bodley Scott

kwal70pas
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

newcomer

Post by kwal70pas »

i can give pbem a try

i'm new to the game but have been wargaming for a long time

maybe the first scenario could be a small one so we can both learn as we go

good luck
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: newcomer

Post by rbodleyscott »

kwal70pas wrote:i can give pbem a try

i'm new to the game but have been wargaming for a long time

maybe the first scenario could be a small one so we can both learn as we go

good luck
The OP post was 7 months ago.

There is plenty of MP action going on, but most non-passworded challenges get snapped up quite quickly, so you often won't see any in the Accept Challenge tab. The solution is to create new challenges yourself.

Go to Multiplayer and open the My Challenges tab. Click on New Challenge. Then click on Create Skirmish. Change the scenario type to "Open Battle" and the Force Size to "Small". Then either pick two armies or take pot luck. Then click on Create.

On the next screen click on Create again.

If you now click on the Accept Challenge tab, you should (after a couple of seconds) see your challenge. Someone is likely to accept it fairly soon - once they have done so you will see the game under the "My Games" tab.
Richard Bodley Scott

Pixel
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Pixel »

kwal70pas are you looking for a game on Pike & Shot Campaigns or the Original Pike & Shot?

Feel free to PM me if you want a PBEM game (I'm open to a small or medium sized skirmish generator battle or any of the historical scenarios if there is one you wish to play specifically). Any preferences on army or period?
Image Image
kwal70pas

pixel

Post by kwal70pas »

i have only played thru 2 of the tutorial scenarios

i would prefer gaming a straightforward scenario rather than a full campaign at this point, i need to familiarize myself with the mechanics of pbem

once i understand the process then a full campaign would be preferable

btw, i require free wifi for my ipad but somedays i don't go to a location with free wifi so sometimes it may take a day or two for me to respond to an opponent's move

good luck
Pixel

Post by Pixel »

@kwal70pas

I've posted a challenge for you using the Original Pike & Shot which is the version that runs on the iPad.

Challenge Name is "Random Map Battle: Open Battle, Pot Luck, 32x32"
I'm going to Private Message you on the forums here with the password for the challenge.

It is a medium sized skirmish generator battle with random terrain.
Early TYW Polish 1618-1632 vs. Transylvanian 1618-1631

I think I've got it setup for you to play the Polish with their fancy Winged Hussars.

To find my challenge:

1) Select Multiplayer on the main menu.
2) Login with your Slitherine login info and then select the accept challenge tab
3) You'll see a list of available challenges (mine has my name Pixel next to it and a red lock indicating that the challenge requires a password to accept)
4) Tap the challenge to highlight it and then hit the white Accept Challenge button at the bottom of the screen.
5) enter the password to accept the challenge.

If you want to see what these armies look like you can load them up in the Single Player Skirmish Generator. If you decide you want a somewhat smaller initial challenge or to play with different armies instead of these ones let me know and we can set another challenge up.

See you on the battlefield soon.
Image Image
Pixel

Post by Pixel »

Looks like this challenge got removed from the list. @kwal70pas let me know if you want me to put a new challenge up. If this match looks interesting to anyone else feel free to let me know as well.
Image Image

Return to “Opponents Wanted”