New P&S player

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

Klank
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

New P&S player

Post by Klank »

Just got the game yesterday Mar 17th. Are there any popular mods most players use for MP games?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New P&S player

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Mods are self contained and can be downloaded as needed, many from in-game. The games list tells you whether a specific challenge requires a campaign that you don't have installed. But you certainly don't need to download anything to begin playing games - if there are no open challenges then create one of your own and they tend to be snapped up very quickly.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Klank wrote:Just got the game yesterday Mar 17th. Are there any popular mods most players use for MP games?
Mods - not really - there is a shortened movement and ranges mod, but I am not sure how many people are using it, and there may be some issues with using it in MP games at present, which we are investigating.

There are a number of good MP scenarios available for download in game. If you download them, you will find them in the New Challenge list in the MP lobby. If you put up a challenge for one of those scenarios someone will usually pick it up pretty quickly. Likewise for MP skirmishes and vanilla MP scenarios.

In general it is better to put up challenges yourself that to wait for someone else to do it, because unpassworded challenges get picked up so quickly that you will often see none in the list. This in turn means that if you put one up, someone is likely to accept it fairly quickly.

I recommend putting up two or three at a time.
Richard Bodley Scott

Klank

Post by Klank »

thanks guys I'm in two MP battles now.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”