Limited Ammo Mod

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

Cronos09
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Limited Ammo Mod

Post by Cronos09 »

For rifle units I limited ammunition.
Based on the FoG2 script. The difference of my script version is that after the exhaustion of ammunition, the unit can not shoot at all, i.e. bullets / arrows / bolts are over. I also made different ammunition for infantry (9 turns), light rifle cavalry (7 turns) and rifle cavalry (4 turns). For artillery ammunition remained unlimited. Display in the info panel of the unit (like in FoG2): for player's units - the number of remaining moves, when they can fire, for units of AI - if there is any ammo Ammo: not over, if ammunition is over Ammo: over.
The cavalry (types Cavalry and Horse without lancers, impact pistols and with experience less than 200 - below Superior) now can evade enemy charge. In my opinion it is useful for Turkish timariot sipahis, English parliamentarian horse 1642-43 and other weak cavalry.

Download: https://yadi.sk/d/wPq2bPo5INVJQA
Installation: unzip the archive at ...\Pike & Shot Campaigns\MODS\ (previously create MOD folder in the main game directory). Activate/deactivate the mod with JSGME before starting P&S (https://yadi.sk/d/oKLrSlI03Qtyyx). It also needs to be installed in the main game directory.
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Re: Limited Ammo Mod

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Interesting… Any way to make this to work without messing with the main build? I tried to get it to work in a copy of the TYW skirmish mode module but no changes were evident. I assume the logic of the file placement is the same, ie:
games/p&S campaigns/TYW_Limited_Ammo_Mod ( example name)/data/ battle /scripts...
Cronos09

Post by Cronos09 »

TheGrayMouser wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:15 pm Interesting… Any way to make this to work without messing with the main build? I tried to get it to work in a copy of the TYW skirmish mode module but no changes were evident. I assume the logic of the file placement is the same, ie:
games/p&S campaigns/TYW_Limited_Ammo_Mod ( example name)/data/ battle /scripts...
I do not quite understand what you mean by "without messing" the main build. The mod and JSGME work fine and do not interfere with the multiplayer, if before deactivating the mod (this is done in three clicks).
But if you do not want to mess the main game at all, then place your module at ...\Documents\My Games\PSCAMP\CAMPAIGNS\ and copy the file $DEFAULT.BSF from the main game (...\Pike & Shot Campaigns\Data\Battle\Scripts\) to the module ...\Documents\My Games\PSCAMP\TYW_Limited_Ammo_Mod ( example name)\data\battle\scripts\. The logic of the file placement is the same. Only place Text1.txt next to other text files of the module. In this case, the mod in your module should work.
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Thanks! My modded folder was simply a copy of the TYW module and already had a text1.txt file hanging loose in the folder so I copied the Ammo strings into it and all worked out.

Works as advertised :). Have to play a bit to get a feel for the balance due to reaction fire and the in between turn part of the game where the ai basically shoots your own units that held their fire, however the ammo loads you provided seem adequate. Nice job!!
Cronos09

Post by Cronos09 »

Bombs for grenadiers!
There is 'Bombs' column in SQUADS.csv. I think modders can add bombs (grenades) for the grenadier infantry with it. The bombs can help to organize a very powerful shooting attack against an enemy unit on the next square:

I added in my Ammo mod a limit on the bomb throws for one turn. After that the bombs disappear from the capacity of a grenadier unit:

In order not to mess the main game folder I remade the mod in a new form https://drive.google.com/open?id=19zLRv ... Sbf8Zay7Uj
The DATA folder and TEXT11.txt can be pasted almost in any user scenario folder in C:\Users\(User's name)\Documents\My Games\PSCAMP\CAMPAIGNS\User's scenario\ and it must work. The number of turns for ammo can be changed in Shooting.BSF:
161 SetGlobal("FS", 9); for Foot units
180 SetGlobal("MS", 4); for Mounted units
198 SetGlobal("MlS", 7); for light Horse units
Athos1660
Major-General - Elite Tiger I
Major-General - Elite Tiger I

Post by Athos1660 »

Cronos09 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:15 pm Bombs for grenadiers!
There is 'Bombs' column in SQUADS.csv. I think modders can add bombs (grenades) for the grenadier infantry with it. The bombs can help to organize a very powerful shooting attack against an enemy unit on the next square:
I added in my Ammo mod a limit on the bomb throws for one turn. After that the bombs disappear from the capacity of a grenadier unit:
For example, during the reign of Louis XIV, according to here :

A grenadier’s equipment :
- a 'fusil' (rifle?)
- a sword
- a small axe
- a bag with 10-15 grenades

1667/8 : first, a few grenadiers per companies then small grenadier companies (50-100 men).

1676 : two companies of horse-grenadiers were created.

However, there are certainly more useful info about Grenadiers of each countries in the FoG 1660-1698 tabletop book.

Return to “Modders Corner”